Re: [linuxham] Re: hamlib not working under ubuntu 9.10

  • Roger G6CKR
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 2, 2010
      > dm5160 wrote:
      > > More of a general note on Ubuntu 9.10; I'd try an earlier kernel as part of your troubleshooting until 9.10 stabilizes. I've seen issues with the two latest : 2.6.31-15 and 2.6.31.16. So be sure to keep an earlier release of the kernel around. For me the 2.6.31-14 version seems the most stable.
      > > fldigi version: 3.12.5 (3.12.3 tested also).
      > > hamlib: stock from repository for 9.10.
      > > Doug - k4ddm
      > >

      > Hi Doug I have tried 2.6.31-14 but this still does not work, there was a
      > bug report filed for ubuntu karmic some while ago not sure if it was for
      > alpha release but not sure what to try next have found karmic to be ok
      > in all other respects. Would be nice to know if others are having
      > similar problems as I.
      >
      > Graham G1RNZ

      I have the stock 1.2.9-1 hamlib on a 32 bit 9.10 machine which was
      upgraded from 9.04. and updated as needed to currently be running

      roger@bilbo:~$ cat /proc/version
      Linux version 2.6.31-17-generic (buildd@palmer) (gcc version 4.4.1
      (Ubuntu 4.4.1-4ubuntu8) ) #54-Ubuntu SMP Thu Dec 10 16:20:31 UTC 2009

      I have just switched from rigcat to hamlib and can still control my
      TS570 OK.

      Useful site form terminal commands
      <http://www.linuxguide.it/linux_commands_line_en.htm>
      73 Roger G6CKR
    • dm5160
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 3, 2010
        --- In linuxham@yahoogroups.com, Graham Saville <graham.saville@...> wrote:
        > Hi Doug I have tried 2.6.31-14 but this still does not work, there was a
        > bug report filed for ubuntu karmic some while ago not sure if it was for
        > alpha release but not sure what to try next have found karmic to be ok
        > in all other respects. Would be nice to know if others are having
        > similar problems as I.
        >
        > Graham G1RNZ

        Graham, could you be more specific about what you are using to talk to hamlib (if rigctl include command syntax) and the underlying interface and rig? I saw in the earlier post that rpc.rigd seemed to work; maybe elaborate on this as well. Not saying I can help, but others might gain more insight into your problem.
        Doug k4ddm.
      • Graham Saville
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 3, 2010
          dm5160 wrote:
          > --- In linuxham@yahoogroups.com, Graham Saville <graham.saville@...> wrote:
          >
          >> Hi Doug I have tried 2.6.31-14 but this still does not work, there was a
          >> bug report filed for ubuntu karmic some while ago not sure if it was for
          >> alpha release but not sure what to try next have found karmic to be ok
          >> in all other respects. Would be nice to know if others are having
          >> similar problems as I.
          >>
          >> Graham G1RNZ
          >>

          > Graham, could you be more specific about what you are using to talk to hamlib (if rigctl include command syntax) and the underlying interface and rig? I saw in the earlier post that rpc.rigd seemed to work; maybe elaborate on this as well. Not saying I can help, but others might gain more insight into your problem.
          > Doug k4ddm.

          Hi Doug thanks for the reply I have now solved the problem today. It was
          a some what strange result that involved some human error on my part. I
          have a comms port card that has three ports on it I have always used
          port ttyS2 for radio use but for some reason after upgrade the port has
          now become port ttyS0. I did not think to check that the labels had
          changed until today and they have now all works okay.

          My thanks to all those who have offered help

          --

          * 73's From Graham G1RNZ Email: g1rnz@...
          <mailto:g1rnz@...>*