Re: [linuxham] ARRL RTTY Round Up Macros

  • Dick Kriss
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2010
      On 1/1/10 5:30 PM, "Ed" <autek@...> wrote:

      > On Fri, 01 Jan 2010 16:36:01 -0600
      > Dick Kriss <aa5vu@... <mailto:aa5vu%40arrl.net> > wrote:
      >
      >> Ed W3NR, what fldigi macros do you suggest for this
      >> contest?
      >>
      >> Happy New Year
      >>
      >> Dick AA5VU
      >> fldgi-3.13BG
      >
      > Open the Contest configuration tab, check the "Always 599" box. In the
      > "Exchange Out" enter your state or province W/VE. Only enter the
      > information once.
      >
      > For non W/VE use the Serial number block. Check the "Leading zeros",
      > "Start" with 1, not 0. Set the "Digits" to 3.
      >
      > Multipliers are once per band, so I would set the Duplicate on and
      > check Exchange in and band.
      >
      > Under View, select the Contest fields.
      >
      > Under File > Logs click New logbook

      > ***IMPORTANT*** ***IMPORTANT*** ***IMPORTANT***
      >
      > For all of the above to work correctly you *MUST* click the Clear
      > (broom) icon.
      >
      > I will be using something like this as my exchange macro ::
      >
      > <TX> 599 <XOUT> <XOUT> <RX>
      >
      > but if band conditions warrant I'll change to this ::
      >
      > <TX><CALL> 599 <XOUT> <XOUT> <XOUT> <MYCALL> <RX>
      >
      > I would suggest you set your macros and test them prior to going live.
      >
      > fldigi will produce an acceptable Cabrillo log file.
      >
      > Further reading is here ::
      >
      > http://www.w1hkj.com/FldigiHelp/Logbook.html
      >
      > and here ::
      >
      > http://www.w1hkj.com/FldigiHelp/CabrilloReporter.html
      >
      > as well as here ::
      >
      > http://www.w1hkj.com/FldigiHelp/Contest-How-To.html
      >
      > Dave put a lot of work into coding a basic contest setup for fldigi. It
      > works and works well. If you are a big time contester, this is not the
      > software you will want to use. For people like myself and others, it
      > more than fills the bill.
      >
      > GL Hope to see you in the RTTY Roundup
      >
      > Ed W3NR

      I just made some test runs using W3NR's suggested setup and
      it worked great as well as the Cabrillo export.

      Hope to print and log some calls from other fldigi users in the
      2010 RTTY Round-Up. It is a fun contest... try it! You may
      get hooked on contesting for fun.

      The RTTY RU begins 1800 UTC Saturday, ends 2400 UTC
      Sunday (January 2-3, 2010).

      Happy New Year

      73 Dick AA5VU