Re: [linuxham] Win XP/FLDigi/Tentec Jupiter setup

  • W7ZAC
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 1, 2010
      Dave, I just enabled  DTR and it is working fine now. I guess the PC side (comm port) needs to see this to keep the link going.

      73

      Keith

      W7ZAC

      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 1, 2010
        Hi Dave

        My settings are the same except I had to tick the DTR line high to keep the PC Comm Port linked up to the Jupiter. I am using com6 and also using Win XP Pro on a
        3.33 Ghz Intel processor PC.

        So, it all works except the ptt line, I will work on that. It is not needed though, because the Jupiter is not using the pegasus emulation mode for this software.

        73
        Keith

        W7ZAC

        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 1, 2010
          W7ZAC wrote:

          Dave, I just enabled  DTR and it is working fine now. I guess the PC side (comm port) needs to see this to keep the link going.

          73

          Keith

          W7ZAC
          Did you enable DTR on the Jupiter or the flrig program?

          Dave
        • W7ZAC
          Message 4 of 13 , Jan 1, 2010
            Hi Dave

            I will try that. Callsign Software uses the pegasus emulation mode.

            Keith

            Message 5 of 13 , Jan 1, 2010
              Hi Dave

              I enabled it in the flrig program. There are no controls available in the jupiter firmware setup, it is all done inside the DSP board itself, and no way to change anything (baud rates, flow control, etc). 57,600, 8,n,1 RTS/CTS control is burned into the firmware, TenTec says.

              Message 6 of 13 , Jan 1, 2010
                W7ZAC wrote:

                Hi Dave

                I enabled it in the flrig program. There are no controls available in the jupiter firmware setup, it is all done inside the DSP board itself, and no way to change anything (baud rates, flow control, etc). 57,600, 8,n,1 RTS/CTS control is burned into the firmware, TenTec says.

                Keith
                OK I will change the default to DTR - ON for the Jupiter and the Pegasus.  The transceiver wants to know there is a live computer connected.