no waterfall/audio

  • deaf one
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 19, 2009
      Gang, if you recall, I had a issue with loss of sound capture resulting in no waterfall in FLDIGI running Ubuntu.

      Being the beta type, I think nothing of changing OS just to try out it's features (or lack of).
      Sometimes I stay with the same OS for a spell and try something else. Ditto for applications.
      This is the beauty of Linux I suppose. It may also be a evil.
      Remember that I dumped veesta when I first bought the Toshiba laptop.

      Well, I now have the "capture" back (mike-in). And it results in a beautiful waterfall.
      FLDIGI is up and running and life is good again. (smile)
      What happened?
      For 2 weeks, I got tired of command line stuff, researching and trying different suggested schemes.
      I installed Puppy Linux (remembering where I first heard of FLDIGI).
      Now if I can understand process of installing XLOG in woof woof talk or get it to play my DVD movies .....
      Also:
      I thank all who replied with important info I will keep for future reference, in case I get in
      trouble again (smile).

      73
      Ron