fldigi feature request: suspend CAT button (for external tuner)

  • af6ds
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 11, 2009
      I have a LDG YT-100 external tuner that I use with my Yaesu FT-857D.
      My laptop is also connected to the tuner, using fldigi in CAT mode.

      The issue: when I press the Tune button on the tuner, tuning does
      not happen while fldigi is running with CAT enabled. The LDG YT-100
      manual states: "The YT-100 monitors the Computer port for activity
      before beginning any tuning cycle. Only when the CAT line is idle
      for a period of time will the YT-100 take over control of the CAT
      line ..."

      It would be nice to have a button on the fldigi GUI to temporarily
      suspend/toggle the fldigi CAT polling. This would allow an external
      tuner, such as LDG YT-100, to perform tuning.

      Please let me know if there is a simpler solution, only if it does
      not involve going through the fldigi menus to disbale CAT mode, etc.

      Meanwhile, I've worked around this issue with custom CAT interface
      cable I made, with a disable switch:
      http://sites.google.com/site/rio4br/#TOC-Yaesu-FT-857D-CAT-interface-circuit

      Thanks and regards,

      Peter AF6DS
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 11, 2009
        af6ds wrote:
        > I have a LDG YT-100 external tuner that I use with my Yaesu FT-857D.
        > My laptop is also connected to the tuner, using fldigi in CAT mode.
        >
        > The issue: when I press the Tune button on the tuner, tuning does
        > not happen while fldigi is running with CAT enabled. The LDG YT-100
        > manual states: "The YT-100 monitors the Computer port for activity
        > before beginning any tuning cycle. Only when the CAT line is idle
        > for a period of time will the YT-100 take over control of the CAT
        > line ..."
        >
        > It would be nice to have a button on the fldigi GUI to temporarily
        > suspend/toggle the fldigi CAT polling. This would allow an external
        > tuner, such as LDG YT-100, to perform tuning.
        >
        > Please let me know if there is a simpler solution, only if it does
        > not involve going through the fldigi menus to disbale CAT mode, etc.
        >
        > Meanwhile, I've worked around this issue with custom CAT interface
        > cable I made, with a disable switch:
        > http://sites.google.com/site/rio4br/#TOC-Yaesu-FT-857D-CAT-interface-circuit
        >
        > Thanks and regards,
        >
        > Peter AF6DS

        Are you compiling fldigi from source Peter?

        Dave
      • af6ds
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 12, 2009
          Hi Dave,

          Yes, I am compiling the latest fldigi source on Slackware 12,
          with no special ./configure options. I had to do that because I ran
          into some issue (which I forgot) with the pre-compiled binaries.

          - Peter AF6DS