RigBlaster PlugnPlay and Linux

  • Curt
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 6, 2009
      I'm currently run Ubuntu 9.1 on a Compaq Prresario Laptop AMD processor and 500 meg of ram. With the PnP plugged into a usb port its green LED lites and Fldigi sees the port as TTYUSB0. However, I am unable to key the radio (FT897D). I have had the PnP connected to a Vista laptop and with Winfldigi I was able to key and transmit. Anyone have a similar set up that has achieved success with it.

      TNX
      de Curt KC8STE 73
    • bjshideler
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 17, 2010
        Were you able to get this to work? I am having the same issue with a ft-7800.

        --- In linuxham@yahoogroups.com, "Curt" <kc8ste@...> wrote:

        > I'm currently run Ubuntu 9.1 on a Compaq Prresario Laptop AMD processor and 500 meg of ram. With the PnP plugged into a usb port its green LED lites and Fldigi sees the port as TTYUSB0. However, I am unable to key the radio (FT897D). I have had the PnP connected to a Vista laptop and with Winfldigi I was able to key and transmit. Anyone have a similar set up that has achieved success with it.
        >
        > TNX
        > de Curt KC8STE 73

      • Curt Givens
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 18, 2010
          Negative, I went back to windoze and also got a signal link usb. So far if I do my part and avoid shorts between the keyboard and floor it's running the ft897 great. Doesn't seem to care what software either Winfldigi, MixW WINMOR RMS Express they all play nice.

          One of these days when I find the time I plan to try the SL USB on the Linux box. Time being the major concern right now.

          de Curt KC8STE/AAR5VR OH  73