unable to change frequency

  • deaf one
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 6, 2009
      Hello all,

      I am running FLDIGI (3.12.5) in winXP (SP3) (just wanted to try out)
      and whenever I select a frequency to change bands, the whole application freezes.
      I have to close it and reopen it again.
      Have also select and de-select RTS to no effect.

      The radio is a TT 516 (Argonaut V) and I'm using Hamlib to control it.
      I am sure the radio does not require RTS (per TT programming guide).

      Does anyone have such a setup and found the correct settings?
      After spending considerable time, I got tired and frustrated.
      I felt backing away from this is better for the radio (smile).

      72
      Ron, wb1hga
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 6, 2009
        On Sun, 6 Dec 2009 14:47:46 -0500
        deaf one <deafcasa@...> wrote:

        > Hello all,
        >
        > I am running FLDIGI (3.12.5) in winXP (SP3) (just wanted to try out)
        > and whenever I select a frequency to change bands, the whole
        > application freezes.
        > I have to close it and reopen it again.
        > Have also select and de-select RTS to no effect.
        >
        > The radio is a TT 516 (Argonaut V) and I'm using Hamlib to control it.
        > I am sure the radio does not require RTS (per TT programming guide).
        >
        > Does anyone have such a setup and found the correct settings?
        > After spending considerable time, I got tired and frustrated.
        > I felt backing away from this is better for the radio (smile).
        >
        > 72
        > Ron, wb1hga

        I would suggest to use the xml instead of hamlib. There have been
        several reports similar to yours with M$ and hamlib.

        Also, Dave W1HKJ's personal rig is a 516 and you can rest assured it
        works...

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 6, 2009
          On Sun, 6 Dec 2009 14:47:46 -0500
          deaf one <deafcasa@...> wrote:

          > Hello all,
          >
          > I am running FLDIGI (3.12.5) in winXP (SP3) (just wanted to try out)
          > and whenever I select a frequency to change bands, the whole
          > application freezes.
          > I have to close it and reopen it again.
          > Have also select and de-select RTS to no effect.
          >
          > The radio is a TT 516 (Argonaut V) and I'm using Hamlib to control it.
          > I am sure the radio does not require RTS (per TT programming guide).
          >
          > Does anyone have such a setup and found the correct settings?
          > After spending considerable time, I got tired and frustrated.
          > I felt backing away from this is better for the radio (smile).
          >
          > 72
          > Ron, wb1hga

          Just happened to notice you are using 2.12.5. Is this the latest
          patched version ?

          You also might consider using the latest alpha ::

          http://www.w1hkj.com/alpha/

          Ed W3NR
        • deaf one
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 6, 2009
            3.12.5 (latest stable version)

            On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 4:44 PM, Ed <autek@...> wrote:

            Just happened to notice you are using 2.12.5. Is this the latest
            patched version ?

            You also might consider using the latest alpha ::

            http://www.w1hkj.com/alpha/

            <*> Your email settings:
               Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to: