Re: [linuxham] IC-7600 XML file

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 6, 2009
      On Sun, 06 Dec 2009 13:08:42 -0000
      "jclindsayca" <jclind@...> wrote:

      > I went to W1HKJ.COM and found the IC-7600 XML file. How do you
      > download it? Ctrl RC opens a box that will open up a new tab or
      > window, save link podcast or properties. CTRL LC opens up a new tab.
      > Alt RC seems to do nothing, and alt LC opens up a box that says
      > minimize etc. Clicking on the file opens it up in a new tab.
      >
      > I asked on the IC-7600 group if anyone is using Linux and the IC 7600
      > but got no answer so we will try here. I did find the 7600 xml and am
      > familiar with fldigi so I want to try it on my Ubuntu machine
      > (shackbox by F0FAK - a ham radio centric distro)
      >
      > John
      > ve3sjv

      In FireFox ::

      Right Click > Save Link As...

      Ed W3NR
    • John Lindsay
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 6, 2009
        Ed wrote:

        > On Sun, 06 Dec 2009 13:08:42 -0000
        > "jclindsayca" <jclind@... <mailto:jclind%40sentex.net>> wrote:
        >
        > > I went to W1HKJ.COM and found the IC-7600 XML file. How do you
        > > download it? Ctrl RC opens a box that will open up a new tab or
        > > window, save link podcast or properties. CTRL LC opens up a new tab.
        > > Alt RC seems to do nothing, and alt LC opens up a box that says
        > > minimize etc. Clicking on the file opens it up in a new tab.
        > >
        > > I asked on the IC-7600 group if anyone is using Linux and the IC 7600
        > > but got no answer so we will try here. I did find the 7600 xml and am
        > > familiar with fldigi so I want to try it on my Ubuntu machine
        > > (shackbox by F0FAK - a ham radio centric distro)
        > >
        > > John
        > > ve3sjv
        >
        > In FireFox ::
        >
        > Right Click > Save Link As...
        >
        > Ed W3NR

        I did that and when I open it up it opens up a browser screen and thats
        what threw me -- I was expecting a text file opened by OO or something
        like a text editor.

        John

        now comes the fun part of installing it -- I have 3.03 and need to
        upgrade it.
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 6, 2009
          On Sun, 06 Dec 2009 09:41:12 -0500
          John Lindsay <jclind@...> wrote:

          > I did that and when I open it up it opens up a browser screen and
          > thats what threw me -- I was expecting a text file opened by OO or
          > something like a text editor.

          Right click on the xml and choose the correct "Open with"