Re: [linuxham] Capture Sample Rate Setting for OS X and SignaLink USB users

  • Dick Kriss
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 1, 2009
      Re: [linuxham] Capture Sample Rate Setting for OS X and SignaLink USB users This is a follow up to my earlier posting. Posted on top to ditch
      the quote marks.

      As a test I have changed the fldigi-3.13BF Sample rate for both
      Capture and Playback from the native 32000 to 44100.

      I have had a few uneventful RTTY QSOs. So far all is well at
      44100 to a SignaLink USB using Mac OS X 10.6.2 (Snow Leopard).

      Dick AA5VU

      On 11/30/09 8:32 PM, "Dick Kriss" <aa5vu@...> wrote:

            --- snipped some of the text ---

      I had all kinds of weird issues with the early versions of OS X with the
      SignaLink USB until I changed the cocoaModem receive sampling rate
      to its default 160000 s/s setting.  I adopted the same setting when I
      changed from cocoaModem to fldigi last year. Based on W7AY’s recent
      posting, I changed to the fldigi native Capture setting of 32000 and
      have had no issues.

      My assumption (guess) is Apple may have made some audio handling
      improvements from the early OS X (Leopard) releases to the current
      OS 10.6.2 (Snow Leopard).

      Any fldigi OS X and USB Audio CODEC (SignaLink USB) users having
      success with lower or higher Capture settings?  I am not sure I really
      understand how to optimize the setting for RTTY decoding.

      73 Dick AA5VU

      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 23
        I just finished updating the wiki. All comments are welcomed.

        Thanks

        Ed W3NR
      • Clark Sann
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 23
          Ed

          I like what you’ve done. Having the one extra command to add the correct repo would have saved me a couple of hours. I do have one suggestion…add a sentence to each command explaining what it is doing. This would help educate people about how Linux works.

          Clark, AL7EK

          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 23
            On 03/23/2015 10:58 AM, Clark Sann acsann@... [linuxham] wrote:
            > Ed
            >
            > I like what you’ve done. Having the one extra command to add the
            > correct repo would have saved me a couple of hours. I do have one
            > suggestion…add a sentence to each command explaining what it is
            > doing. This would help educate people about how Linux works.
            >
            > Clark, AL7EK

            Well actually Greg KI7MT should get the credit. After a couple of off
            list emails, I incorporated his idea to the wiki. Sure beats trying to
            figure where the individual desktop managers hide the information.