Re: [linuxham] Capture Sample Rate Setting for digiKeyer and SignaLink USB users

    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 1, 2009
      On Tue, 01 Dec 2009 06:39:38 -0600
      Dick Kriss <aa5vu@...> wrote:

      > Jaak ES1HP
      >
      > The 28-Nov posting was intended for Mac OS X cocoaModem users. Good
      > to hear your Windows XP DigiKeyer setup is working FB at 44100. I
      > may try 44100 to see what, if anything, happens
      >
      > Dick AA5VU

      Watch for reports of "clicks" on your TX signal. This was a problem
      early on in fldigi developement. The Native setting was the fix and
      that should be the default setting you use.

      Ed W3NR
    • Dick Kriss
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 1, 2009
        Re: [linuxham] Capture Sample Rate Setting for OS X and SignaLink USB users This is a follow up to my earlier posting. Posted on top to ditch
        the quote marks.

        As a test I have changed the fldigi-3.13BF Sample rate for both
        Capture and Playback from the native 32000 to 44100.

        I have had a few uneventful RTTY QSOs. So far all is well at
        44100 to a SignaLink USB using Mac OS X 10.6.2 (Snow Leopard).

        Dick AA5VU

        On 11/30/09 8:32 PM, "Dick Kriss" <aa5vu@...> wrote:

              --- snipped some of the text ---

        I had all kinds of weird issues with the early versions of OS X with the
        SignaLink USB until I changed the cocoaModem receive sampling rate
        to its default 160000 s/s setting.  I adopted the same setting when I
        changed from cocoaModem to fldigi last year. Based on W7AY’s recent
        posting, I changed to the fldigi native Capture setting of 32000 and
        have had no issues.

        My assumption (guess) is Apple may have made some audio handling
        improvements from the early OS X (Leopard) releases to the current
        OS 10.6.2 (Snow Leopard).

        Any fldigi OS X and USB Audio CODEC (SignaLink USB) users having
        success with lower or higher Capture settings?  I am not sure I really
        understand how to optimize the setting for RTTY decoding.

        73 Dick AA5VU

        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 23
          I just finished updating the wiki. All comments are welcomed.

          Thanks

          Ed W3NR
        • Clark Sann
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 23
            Ed

            I like what you’ve done. Having the one extra command to add the correct repo would have saved me a couple of hours. I do have one suggestion…add a sentence to each command explaining what it is doing. This would help educate people about how Linux works.

            Clark, AL7EK

            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 23
              On 03/23/2015 10:58 AM, Clark Sann acsann@... [linuxham] wrote:
              > Ed
              >
              > I like what you’ve done. Having the one extra command to add the
              > correct repo would have saved me a couple of hours. I do have one
              > suggestion…add a sentence to each command explaining what it is
              > doing. This would help educate people about how Linux works.
              >
              > Clark, AL7EK

              Well actually Greg KI7MT should get the credit. After a couple of off
              list emails, I incorporated his idea to the wiki. Sure beats trying to
              figure where the individual desktop managers hide the information.