wiki

    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 30, 2009
      Can someone provide a How-to on Microham interfaces ? For Linux,M$, as
      well as OS-X and BSD.

      Thanks

      Ed W3NR
    • Dick Kriss
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 30, 2009
        Capture Sample Rate Setting for digiKeyer and SignaLink USB users The Fldigi configuration/Audio/Settings panel shows a range of
        Capture and Playback options ranging from 800 to 192000 samples
        per second with the native or default at 32000 s/s for both.

        Chen W7AY, the developer of cocoaModem, posted the following to
        the cocoaModem yahoo group on 28-Nov-09:

        -------
        The Intel MacOS X has a problem with using 11025 s/s on the Burr-Brown
        2902 chip set that is used in the digiKeyer and SignaLink USB. (Windows
        XP also has problems with the Burr-Brown), so you need to use 16000,
        32000 or 4800 with those devices.
        -------

        I had all kinds of weird issues with the early versions of OS X with the
        SignaLink USB until I changed the cocoaModem receive sampling rate
        to its default 160000 s/s setting.  I adopted the same setting when I
        changed from cocoaModem to fldigi last year. Based on W7AY’s recent
        posting, I changed to the fldigi native Capture setting of 32000 and
        have had no issues.

        My assumption (guess) is Apple may have made some audio handling
        improvements from the early OS X (Leopard) releases to the current
        OS 10.6.2 (Snow Leopard).

        Any fldigi OS X and USB Audio CODEC (SignaLink USB) users having
        success with lower or higher Capture settings?  I am not sure I really
        understand how to optimize the setting for RTTY decoding.

        73 Dick AA5VU
      • Jaak Hohensee
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 1, 2009
          Dick Kriss wrote:

          -------
          The Intel MacOS X has a problem with using 11025 s/s on the Burr-Brown
          2902 chip set that is used in the digiKeyer and SignaLink USB. (Windows
          XP also has problems with the Burr-Brown), so you need to use 16000,
          32000 or 4800 with those devices.

          I use DigiKeyer and WinXP. I don´t seen any incompatibility when played with capture rate. Only the wtrfl freq changed some 10 Hz if the rate was low (8000, 11025).
          WinXP point that native is 44100 so I prefer this. Converter Medium Sinc Interpolator because the Best is too much for Intel Atom netbook.
          Am I right?

          73 de Jaak
          es1hj/qrp

          -------

          --
          Kirjutas ja tervitab
          Jaak Hohensee

        • Dick Kriss
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 1, 2009
            Re: [linuxham] Capture Sample Rate Setting for digiKeyer and SignaLink USB users Jaak ES1HP

            The 28-Nov posting was intended for Mac OS X cocoaModem users.  Good to
            hear your Windows XP DigiKeyer setup is working FB at 44100.  I may try
            44100 to see what, if anything, happens

            Dick AA5VU

            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 1, 2009
              On Tue, 01 Dec 2009 06:39:38 -0600
              Dick Kriss <aa5vu@...> wrote:

              > Jaak ES1HP
              >
              > The 28-Nov posting was intended for Mac OS X cocoaModem users. Good
              > to hear your Windows XP DigiKeyer setup is working FB at 44100. I
              > may try 44100 to see what, if anything, happens
              >
              > Dick AA5VU

              Watch for reports of "clicks" on your TX signal. This was a problem
              early on in fldigi developement. The Native setting was the fix and
              that should be the default setting you use.

              Ed W3NR
            • Dick Kriss
              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 1, 2009
                Re: [linuxham] Capture Sample Rate Setting for OS X and SignaLink USB users This is a follow up to my earlier posting. Posted on top to ditch
                the quote marks.

                As a test I have changed the fldigi-3.13BF Sample rate for both
                Capture and Playback from the native 32000 to 44100.

                I have had a few uneventful RTTY QSOs. So far all is well at
                44100 to a SignaLink USB using Mac OS X 10.6.2 (Snow Leopard).

                Dick AA5VU

                      --- snipped some of the text ---

                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 23
                  I just finished updating the wiki. All comments are welcomed.

                  Thanks

                  Ed W3NR
                • Clark Sann
                  Message 8 of 9 , Mar 23
                    Ed

                    I like what you’ve done. Having the one extra command to add the correct repo would have saved me a couple of hours. I do have one suggestion…add a sentence to each command explaining what it is doing. This would help educate people about how Linux works.

                    Clark, AL7EK

                    Message 9 of 9 , Mar 23
                      On 03/23/2015 10:58 AM, Clark Sann acsann@... [linuxham] wrote:
                      > Ed
                      >
                      > I like what you’ve done. Having the one extra command to add the
                      > correct repo would have saved me a couple of hours. I do have one
                      > suggestion…add a sentence to each command explaining what it is
                      > doing. This would help educate people about how Linux works.
                      >
                      > Clark, AL7EK

                      Well actually Greg KI7MT should get the credit. After a couple of off
                      list emails, I incorporated his idea to the wiki. Sure beats trying to
                      figure where the individual desktop managers hide the information.