Re: [linuxham] Still can't build fldigi-3.12.4 under Slackware 13

  • tj
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 26, 2009
    • 1 Attachment
    • 115 KB
    Here it is as an attachment.

    Jeff
    wd4nmq

    Rick Kunath wrote:

    > On Monday 26 October 2009 10:42:14 pm tj wrote:
    > > Well, here we go again.
    > >
    > > I did a clean install of Slackware 13 and still get the same error
    > > trying to build fldifi. I installed all prerequisites and the only
    > > problem I had was creating a symlink for asciidoc, fldigi wanted it in
    > > /usr/share while Slackware had it in /usr/local/etc.
    >
    > Definitely not a Slack expert in any way shape or form, but I'd like
    > to see the
    > config.log file.
    >
    > There should be a log file called config.log containing the
    > information that
    > running the ./configure command generated.
    >
    > Rick Kunath, k9ao

  • Mark
    Message 2 of 9 , Oct 27, 2009
      --- In linuxham@yahoogroups.com, tj <999alfred@...> wrote:

      > I did a clean install of Slackware 13 and still get the same error
      > trying to build fldifi. I installed all prerequisites and the only
      > problem I had was creating a symlink for asciidoc, fldigi wanted it
      > in /usr/share while Slackware had it in /usr/local/etc.

      I didn't have to make any such modification to get Fldigi to compile on my Slackware 12.0 system. The asciidoc binary resides in /usr/bin since it is from a distribution package. What does the command 'ls /var/log/packages/linuxdoc-tools-*' show you?
    • Mark
      Message 3 of 9 , Oct 27, 2009
        --- In linuxham@yahoogroups.com, tj <999alfred@...> wrote:

        > Here it is as an attachment.

        I compared your config.log to the one from my 3.12.4 directory and didn't see any key differences that would cause this problem.
      • tj
        Message 4 of 9 , Oct 27, 2009
          I really don't think the configuration is the problem either. It
          compiles numerous source files in the src/rigcontrol and src/dialogs
          directories. There is just something about the misc/configuration.cxx
          file that it bombs on.

          If one of the developers wants to try I can open an ssh and set them up
          an account on the target machine to give it a try.

          Jeff
          wd4nmq

          Message 5 of 9 , Oct 28, 2009
            --- In linuxham@yahoogroups.com, tj <999alfred@...> wrote:

            > I really don't think the configuration is the problem either. It
            > compiles numerous source files in the src/rigcontrol and src/dialogs
            > directories. There is just something about the misc/configuration.cxx
            > file that it bombs on.
            >
            > If one of the developers wants to try I can open an ssh and set them > up an account on the target machine to give it a try.

            Which version of linuxdoc-tools do you have installed?
          • tj
            Message 6 of 9 , Oct 28, 2009
              According to the Slackware 13 linuxdoc-tools change log it is
              linuxdoc-tools-0.9.56, build 5

              My question is though, how does this effect a casting overload compiler
              error in a c++ source file?

              Jeff
              wd4nmq

              Mark wrote:

              > --- In linuxham@yahoogroups.com <mailto:linuxham%40yahoogroups.com>,
              > tj <999alfred@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > I really don't think the configuration is the problem either. It
              > > compiles numerous source files in the src/rigcontrol and src/dialogs
              > > directories. There is just something about the misc/configuration.cxx
              > > file that it bombs on.
              > >
              > > If one of the developers wants to try I can open an ssh and set them
              > > up an account on the target machine to give it a try.
              >
              > Which version of linuxdoc-tools do you have installed?

            • Bob Snyder
              Message 7 of 9 , Nov 6, 2009
                Jeff,

                I have just built fldigi 3.13BB with a completely clean installation of
                Slackware 13.0 without encountering the problem you have described. Are
                you still trying to get fldigi to build under Slackware 13.0? Perhaps I
                can help.

                Bob W6CP