Re: [linuxham] Two Fldigi Questions

    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 4, 2007
      wb8imy wrote:
      > 1. I am presently using Fldigi and Mandriva from a "live USB." Is it
      > possible to save the Fldigi configuration to the USB flash drive? I
      > have attempted to do so, but it doesn't appear to be working.

      Yes, I do it all the time. Just copy the 2 fldigi folders to a stick,
      and copy them back over after you have booted into Mandriva. I gather
      that the Mandriva is already on a stick, if so you will need 2 sticks.
      In a bind I have also used my IPOD. LiveCDs' normally do not carry over
      any settings from session to session.

      > 2. When monitoring RTTY, I am seeing a lot of characters such as <NUL>
      > between letters. Is there any way to suppress this?

      Thats a new one on me, I've seen it in gMFSK but not fldigi. Hopefully
      someone will have an answer.

      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 4, 2007
        wb8imy wrote:

        >1. I am presently using Fldigi and Mandriva from a "live USB." Is it
        >possible to save the Fldigi configuration to the USB flash drive? I
        >have attempted to do so, but it doesn't appear to be working.

        Ed answered that one.

        >2. When monitoring RTTY, I am seeing a lot of characters such as <NUL>
        >between letters. Is there any way to suppress this?

        Which version of fldigi ? (help menu). Which revision of Mandriva.
        What is the font that you have selected from the font configuration dialog?

        That has not been reported before.

        Dave, W1HKJ
      • Rein Couperus
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 4, 2007
          The <NUL> characters were already present in fldigi-1.11, when receiving RTTY signals with "diddle" on.

          Rein EA/PA0R/P

          --
          http://pa0r.blogspirit.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 4, 2007
            Rein Couperus wrote:

            >The <NUL> characters were already present in fldigi-1.11, when receiving RTTY signals with "diddle" on.

            Thank you Rein. I have suppressed sending the NULL character to the
            screen for BAUDOT RTTY in the next alpha version and that will carry
            over to the next full release.

            Dave
          • wb8imy
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 4, 2007
              Dave:

              I am presently monitoring an MFSK16 QSO and I am seeing the <NUL> there as well.
              Sometimes between words and also within words.

              My Fldigi version is 1.10i alpha using the Bitstream Charter font. When I switched
              from copying PSK31 to MFSK, the font size suddenly dropped to something almost
              microscopic. I had to access the font menu to correct it.

              Steve

              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 4, 2007
                Please visit the www.w1hkj.com web site and download the latest version.

                Dave, W1HKJ
              • wb8imy
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 4, 2007
                  Dave:

                  I just uploaded an image of the <NUL> characters during the MFSK16 QSO
                  mentioned in my previous message. It is in the WB8IMY folder awaiting moderator
                  approval.

                  Steve

                  > Rein Couperus wrote:
                  >
                  > >The <NUL> characters were already present in fldigi-1.11, when receiving RTTY
                  signals with "diddle" on.

                  > Thank you Rein. I have suppressed sending the NULL character to the
                  > screen for BAUDOT RTTY in the next alpha version and that will carry
                  > over to the next full release.
                  >
                  > Dave

                • dave cooper
                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 4, 2007
                    On Sunday 04 February 2007 16:13, wb8imy wrote:

                    ok not a problem... its approved
                    interesting

                    thank you
                    Dave VE3IXI