beam heading in fldigi

  • Leigh L. Klotz, Jr.
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 3, 2007
      I added a quick beam heading box to fldigi.
      I don't understand the static layout algorithm in fl_digi.cxx but I
      hacked it in anyway.
      I made a new beamLoc parallel to the existing inpLog widget, and then
      set it in QRZL_disp_result when the qrzgrid is known.

      For my test I piped to an external Python program I wrote. I didn't take
      special care about the program pipe as it's not my intent to do it that
      way. Incorporating Dave's code from geoid and making it read the control
      operator QTH from the fldigi config would be the obvious way to go.

      Since I have a SteppIR with the 180 degree switch, I output both short
      and long path.

      I didn't make it log the heading.

      Screenshot at http://wa5znu.org/2006/02/fldigi/beam.jpg

      Leigh/WA5ZNU
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 3, 2007
        Leigh L. Klotz, Jr. wrote:

        >I added a quick beam heading box to fldigi.
        >I don't understand the static layout algorithm in fl_digi.cxx but I
        >hacked it in anyway.
        >I made a new beamLoc parallel to the existing inpLog widget, and then
        >set it in QRZL_disp_result when the qrzgrid is known.
        >
        >For my test I piped to an external Python program I wrote. I didn't take
        >special care about the program pipe as it's not my intent to do it that
        >way. Incorporating Dave's code from geoid and making it read the control
        >operator QTH from the fldigi config would be the obvious way to go.
        >
        >Since I have a SteppIR with the 180 degree switch, I output both short
        >and long path.
        >
        >I didn't make it log the heading.
        >
        >Screenshot at http://wa5znu.org/2006/02/fldigi/beam.jpg
        >
        >Leigh/WA5ZNU
        >

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

        cool. You could probably also incorporate the code from geoid on the
        web site.