Re: [linuxham] fldigi/iC-746

    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 3, 2009
      John Lindsay wrote:
      > w1hkj wrote:
      >>

      >> John Lindsay wrote:
      >>> Under Rigcat
      >>>
      >>> use rigcat checked
      >>> using 746.xml file as downloaded from web
      >>> commands are echoed checked
      >>> cat command for ptt checked
      >>> rts/ts flow control checked
      >>>
      >> Icoms do not generally use RTS/CTS flow control. Do not check that
      >> box! I run fldigi with a 746Pro on both Linux and Vista. The
      >> IC746PRO.xml file is correct on the web site.
      >>
      >> What kind of CI-V interface are you using. Did you spring for the real
      >> thing (a $150 CT-17 from Icom) or are you using a cheap one that steals
      >> power from the RS232 port? If the latter then you must know which of
      >> the control lines is providing the power for your interface. Typically
      >> that would be DTR or RTS. The CT-17 uses an external power source.
      >>
      >> Dave
      >>

      > HI Dave
      >
      > I didn't see this message until this am. Quite a few hours after I sent
      > out my message at 10:50PM.
      > Com1 and Com2 go to Rigblaster Pro serial ports 1 and 2 . The radio is
      > connected from the mic plug to the rigblaster and audio from the rig
      > goes through the RB. I do have a Donner interface that I could try. I
      > would just have to rewire the RB to use only one serial port. I could
      > possibly try it this weekend.
      >
      > John

      OK John, this new info on your setup may help.

      What function is com1 handling ? rigctl or ptt ?

      What function is com2 handling ? rigctl or ptt ?

      Ed W3NR

      The rigblaster manual is still not an easy doc to follow.
    • Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC)
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 4, 2009
        Hi John,

        jclindsayca wrote:
        > I know the group name is linuxhams but the descriptor suggests anything fldigi related on other OS is acceptable as well. I have copied this over from digitalhams where I got no replies so hoping someone here can help. Fldigi was set up on a debian systems as well and exhibited the same situation.

        <snip>

        You might try visiting
        http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/ham-software and becoming a
        subscriber. You may very well find help there.

        HTH

        73 de ZR1HPC
        Hylton
        Ham-Software Moderator
        Lions Club member of http://www.fishhoeklionsclub.org.za
        Using openSuSE 11.0 with KDE
        Linux user # 229959 at http://counter.li.org
      • John Lindsay
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 5, 2009
          Hi Ed

          Just a little up date. I decided to move the PC and rewire the setup and
          double check my rigblaster setup. I originally had a kenwood transceiver
          attached to the rigblaster and it was working fine. Since the mic pin
          outs are the same and they use the same 8 pin plug I assumed all I had
          to do was to switch radios and cables and set up the microphone
          connector P1. What I overlooked was J16 which is the serial port
          selector/ptt setup. Mine was set for Kenwood. I changed it to
          Icom/ten-tec setting. It now reports the frequency and keys the rig.
          However I do have a problem whereby I don't get audio to/from the radio
          -- it's likely a cable wiring error on my part so back to the reading
          and going back over the wiring,

          John ve3sjv
          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 5, 2009