Re: [linuxham] fldigi/iC-746

  • John Lindsay
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 3 4:18 AM
      w1hkj wrote:

      > John Lindsay wrote:
      > > Under Rigcat
      > >
      > > use rigcat checked
      > > using 746.xml file as downloaded from web
      > > commands are echoed checked
      > > cat command for ptt checked
      > > rts/ts flow control checked
      > >
      > Icoms do not generally use RTS/CTS flow control. Do not check that
      > box! I run fldigi with a 746Pro on both Linux and Vista. The
      > IC746PRO.xml file is correct on the web site.
      >
      > What kind of CI-V interface are you using. Did you spring for the real
      > thing (a $150 CT-17 from Icom) or are you using a cheap one that steals
      > power from the RS232 port? If the latter then you must know which of
      > the control lines is providing the power for your interface. Typically
      > that would be DTR or RTS. The CT-17 uses an external power source.
      >
      > Dave

      HI Dave

      I didn't see this message until this am. Quite a few hours after I sent
      out my message at 10:50PM.
      Com1 and Com2 go to Rigblaster Pro serial ports 1 and 2 . The radio is
      connected from the mic plug to the rigblaster and audio from the rig
      goes through the RB. I do have a Donner interface that I could try. I
      would just have to rewire the RB to use only one serial port. I could
      possibly try it this weekend.

      John
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 3 4:46 AM
        John Lindsay wrote:
        > w1hkj wrote:
        >>

        >> John Lindsay wrote:
        >>> Under Rigcat
        >>>
        >>> use rigcat checked
        >>> using 746.xml file as downloaded from web
        >>> commands are echoed checked
        >>> cat command for ptt checked
        >>> rts/ts flow control checked
        >>>
        >> Icoms do not generally use RTS/CTS flow control. Do not check that
        >> box! I run fldigi with a 746Pro on both Linux and Vista. The
        >> IC746PRO.xml file is correct on the web site.
        >>
        >> What kind of CI-V interface are you using. Did you spring for the real
        >> thing (a $150 CT-17 from Icom) or are you using a cheap one that steals
        >> power from the RS232 port? If the latter then you must know which of
        >> the control lines is providing the power for your interface. Typically
        >> that would be DTR or RTS. The CT-17 uses an external power source.
        >>
        >> Dave
        >>

        > HI Dave
        >
        > I didn't see this message until this am. Quite a few hours after I sent
        > out my message at 10:50PM.
        > Com1 and Com2 go to Rigblaster Pro serial ports 1 and 2 . The radio is
        > connected from the mic plug to the rigblaster and audio from the rig
        > goes through the RB. I do have a Donner interface that I could try. I
        > would just have to rewire the RB to use only one serial port. I could
        > possibly try it this weekend.
        >
        > John

        OK John, this new info on your setup may help.

        What function is com1 handling ? rigctl or ptt ?

        What function is com2 handling ? rigctl or ptt ?

        Ed W3NR

        The rigblaster manual is still not an easy doc to follow.
      • Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC)
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 4 7:40 AM
          Hi John,

          jclindsayca wrote:
          > I know the group name is linuxhams but the descriptor suggests anything fldigi related on other OS is acceptable as well. I have copied this over from digitalhams where I got no replies so hoping someone here can help. Fldigi was set up on a debian systems as well and exhibited the same situation.

          <snip>

          You might try visiting
          http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/ham-software and becoming a
          subscriber. You may very well find help there.

          HTH

          73 de ZR1HPC
          Hylton
          Ham-Software Moderator
          Lions Club member of http://www.fishhoeklionsclub.org.za
          Using openSuSE 11.0 with KDE
          Linux user # 229959 at http://counter.li.org
        • John Lindsay
          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 5 2:00 PM
            Hi Ed

            Just a little up date. I decided to move the PC and rewire the setup and
            double check my rigblaster setup. I originally had a kenwood transceiver
            attached to the rigblaster and it was working fine. Since the mic pin
            outs are the same and they use the same 8 pin plug I assumed all I had
            to do was to switch radios and cables and set up the microphone
            connector P1. What I overlooked was J16 which is the serial port
            selector/ptt setup. Mine was set for Kenwood. I changed it to
            Icom/ten-tec setting. It now reports the frequency and keys the rig.
            However I do have a problem whereby I don't get audio to/from the radio
            -- it's likely a cable wiring error on my part so back to the reading
            and going back over the wiring,

            John ve3sjv
            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 5 2:03 PM