Re: [linuxham] Re: LoTW and DOMINO Mode QSO's (Fixed!)

  • Vlad_UA6JD
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 1, 2009
      Hello, Dick.
      I think it was not just only for DOMINO mode.
      Also other very popular modes (JT65a etc) is not support by ARRL
      LoTW.
      We can modify lotw.xml file and tQSL will accept any ADIF mode - but
      ARRL LoTW is ignore these upload's QSOs -
      I think ARRL LoTW MUST support ALL ADIF modes.
      Probably it is technically difficult to enter offset of all mode placed on
      Official ADIF web?

      --
      Best regards
      73 Vlad UA6JD

      You wrote :
      > I just received the following note from the LoTW Help desk
      > and the invalid DOMINO mode issue is solved. If you work
      > digital modes, I suggest you make the following change
      > suggested Norm Fusaro, W3IZ.

      > I made the change and it worked FB.

      > 73 Dick AA5VU

      > ------------
      > Open TQSL

      > Select FILE - PREFERENCES - ADIF MODES

      > Click the ADD button on right.

      > In the mode window enter the mode as it is expressed in your logging
      > program.

      > Use the drop down menu to select the mode that you want it to represent.
      > (Digital)

      > Click OK - Click OK

      > Now you can sign the log and upload the TQ8 file.

      > Norm Fusaro, W3IZ
      > Assistant Manager,
      > Membership & Volunteer Programs Department
      > ARRL - The national association for Amateur Radio
      > 225 Main St.
      > Newington, CT 06011

      > w3iz@...
      > 860-594-0230

      > On Tuesday9/1/09 12:27 AM, "Dick Kriss" <aa5vu@...> wrote:
      >>
      >> I just tried to upload my Aug 2009 log generated
      >> by fldigi-3.12.4 to LoTW and when I asked the Mac
      >> OS X version of tqsl to sign my .adi log file, tqsl
      >> detected an error in how one of my QSO's was
      >> logged. Fldigi correctly logged the QSO as Mode
      >> "DOMINO" and the ARRL tqsl said that was an
      >> invalid mode.
      >>
      >> I just checked the ADIF specification at
      >> <http://www.adif.org/adif223.htm#Mode%20Enumeration>
      >> and DOMINO is a valid mode.
      >>
      >> I wonder if any of the fldigi users have tried to upload
      >> a DOMINO mode QSO to LoTW?
      >>

      >> 73 Dick Kriss AA5VU

    • Dick Kriss
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 1, 2009
        On Tuesday9/1/09 8:15 AM, "Vlad_UA6JD" <jt65a@...> wrote:

        > Hello, Dick.
        > I think it was not just only for DOMINO mode.
        > Also other very popular modes (JT65a etc) is not support by ARRL
        > LoTW.

        Vlad,

        Double-check the tqsl Preferences. I just checked and JT65 is supported
        in the selector.

        > We can modify lotw.xml file and tQSL will accept any ADIF mode - but
        > ARRL LoTW is ignore these upload's QSOs -
        > I think ARRL LoTW MUST support ALL ADIF modes.

        After adding "DOMINO -> DATA" to the Preferences/ADIF Modes/Custom ADIF
        mode mappings, I signed the fldigi exported DOMINO 12 QSO and the ARRL
        LoTW robot accepted the QSO

        Dick AA5VU
      • Vlad_UA6JD
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 1, 2009
          Hello, Dick.

          You wrote :

          > Hello, Dick.
          > I think it was not just only for DOMINO mode.
          > Also other very popular modes (JT65a etc) is not support by ARRL
          > LoTW.

          > Vlad,

          > Double-check the tqsl Preferences. I just checked and JT65 is supported
          > in the selector.

          I am wrote about JT65a - no same as JT65 .
          In my humble opinion (IMHO) it was wrong position of ARRL LoTW .