Installation problems

  • k0lqb2001
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 27, 2009
      I am new at Digital communications. I have used HF Pactor for a while but RTTY and PSK-31 for four months.
      Radio:Yaesu FT-1000MP MARK-V
      interface:SignaLink USB
      usinf:RigCat settings
      OS:Windows XP Home (up to date)
      Present settings: RiogCat box checked Rig descriptor=Yaesu FT-1000 Mark-V device=com1 retries=2 retry interval=500Ms baud rate=4800 command interval 5Ms cat command for PTT checked RTS/CTS flow control checked
      First error:A message was logged E:RigCat_getFreq: Hex out Failed
      Second error
      I get this error: Runtime Error Program C:\Program Files\fldigi 3.12.4 fldigi.exe
      then the program dropps out.
      please help
    • Stelios Bounanos
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 27, 2009

        > I am new at Digital communications. I have used HF Pactor for a while but RTTY and PSK-31 for four months.
        > Radio:Yaesu FT-1000MP MARK-V
        > interface:SignaLink USB
        > usinf:RigCat settings
        > OS:Windows XP Home (up to date)
        > Present settings: RiogCat box checked Rig descriptor=Yaesu FT-1000 Mark-V device=com1 retries=2 retry interval=500Ms baud rate=4800 command interval 5Ms cat command for PTT checked RTS/CTS flow control checked
        > First error:A message was logged E:RigCat_getFreq: Hex out Failed
        > Second error
        > I get this error: Runtime Error Program C:\Program Files\fldigi 3.12.4 fldigi.exe
        > then the program dropps out.
        > please help

        We have received similar reports of rig control-related crashes on
        Windows. If I remember correctly Dave has been working on this
        recently.

        Could you try again with the latest test release? It can be installed
        in parallel with 3.12.4 and there is nothing that outrageously new and
        untested in it, but just in case, I recommend that you make a copy of
        your fldigi settings before running it. To find those quickly, run
        fldigi and select "File->Show config".

        Here is where to find the 3.13AD test release:

        http://lists.berlios.de/pipermail/fldigi-alpha/2009-August/000028.html

        If you would like to keep track of future alpha releases, subscribe to
        fldigi-alpha or fldigi-announce:

        Stelios, M0GLD.
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 27, 2009
          k0lqb2001 wrote:
          > I am new at Digital communications. I have used HF Pactor for a while but RTTY and PSK-31 for four months.
          > Radio:Yaesu FT-1000MP MARK-V
          > interface:SignaLink USB
          > usinf:RigCat settings
          > OS:Windows XP Home (up to date)
          > Present settings: RiogCat box checked Rig descriptor=Yaesu FT-1000 Mark-V device=com1 retries=2 retry interval=500Ms baud rate=4800 command interval 5Ms cat command for PTT checked
          1. If you are using the SignaLink USB it already creates a h/w PTT
          signal that is available for you to use. You probably do not need to
          also check CAT ptt.
          2. Check to be sure that the Ft-1000 is also set to 4800 baud and
          RTS/CTS handshake.
          3. Increase the command interval to 20 Msec to start. Reduce the retry
          interval to 200 Msec.
          4. Be sure to press the "Initialize" button after you've changed those
          values.
          > RTS/CTS flow control checked
          > First error:A message was logged E:RigCat_getFreq: Hex out Failed
          > Second error
          > I get this error: Runtime Error Program C:\Program Files\fldigi 3.12.4 fldigi.exe

          Does the program stop running if you do not use CAT?

          Dave, W1HKJ
        • k0lqb2001
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 28, 2009

            > k0lqb2001 wrote:
            > > I am new at Digital communications. I have used HF Pactor for a while but RTTY and PSK-31 for four months.
            > > Radio:Yaesu FT-1000MP MARK-V
            > > interface:SignaLink USB
            > > usinf:RigCat settings
            > > OS:Windows XP Home (up to date)
            > > Present settings: RiogCat box checked Rig descriptor=Yaesu FT-1000 Mark-V device=com1 retries=2 retry interval=500Ms baud rate=4800 command interval 5Ms cat command for PTT checked
            > 1. If you are using the SignaLink USB it already creates a h/w PTT
            > signal that is available for you to use. You probably do not need to
            > also check CAT ptt.
            > 2. Check to be sure that the Ft-1000 is also set to 4800 baud and
            > RTS/CTS handshake.
            > 3. Increase the command interval to 20 Msec to start. Reduce the retry
            > interval to 200 Msec.
            > 4. Be sure to press the "Initialize" button after you've changed those
            > values.
            > > RTS/CTS flow control checked
            > > First error:A message was logged E:RigCat_getFreq: Hex out Failed
            > > Second error
            > > I get this error: Runtime Error Program C:\Program Files\fldigi 3.12.4 fldigi.exe
            > >
            > Does the program stop running if you do not use CAT?

            Dave,
            I found the problem with the error message: If I check the box in fligi/config/hamklib I get the error reading. Then the program continues to run. The main problem now is that no matter how I config the program the program does not read my radio's frequency.

            I am going to make sure that I have my setup according to the info you sent me. I have also purchased a new CAT cable in case the cat cable that came with the SCS modem.
            thank you very much
            Robert

          • k0lqb2001
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 28, 2009
              --- In linuxham@yahoogroups.com, Stelios Bounanos <lham@...> wrote:

              > > I am new at Digital communications. I have used HF Pactor for a while but RTTY and PSK-31 for four months.
              > > Radio:Yaesu FT-1000MP MARK-V
              > > interface:SignaLink USB
              > > usinf:RigCat settings
              > > OS:Windows XP Home (up to date)
              > > Present settings: RiogCat box checked Rig descriptor=Yaesu FT-1000 Mark-V device=com1 retries=2 retry interval=500Ms baud rate=4800 command interval 5Ms cat command for PTT checked RTS/CTS flow control checked
              > > First error:A message was logged E:RigCat_getFreq: Hex out Failed
              > > Second error
              > > I get this error: Runtime Error Program C:\Program Files\fldigi 3.12.4 fldigi.exe
              > > then the program dropps out.
              > > please help
              >
              > We have received similar reports of rig control-related crashes on
              > Windows. If I remember correctly Dave has been working on this
              > recently.
              >
              > Could you try again with the latest test release? It can be installed
              > in parallel with 3.12.4 and there is nothing that outrageously new and
              > untested in it, but just in case, I recommend that you make a copy of
              > your fldigi settings before running it. To find those quickly, run
              > fldigi and select "File->Show config".
              >
              > Here is where to find the 3.13AD test release:
              >
              > http://lists.berlios.de/pipermail/fldigi-alpha/2009-August/000028.html
              >
              > If you would like to keep track of future alpha releases, subscribe to
              > fldigi-alpha or fldigi-announce:

              > --
              >
              > 73,
              > Stelios, M0GLD.
              I installed the new reclease and still do not read my radio's frequency. Thank youi