Re: [linuxham] fldigi and pskmail troubles

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 2, 2009
      Per wrote:

      Hi,

      I have two issues with the current, and some previous, versions when used with pskmail.
      #1. AFC is uncontrollable, on or off or limits makes no difference, it drifts way off frequency
      On the PSK / General configuration tab (version 3.12.xx) what values have you assigned to:

      1) Acquisition search range (Hz)
      2) Acquisition S/N (dB)

      If you set the S/N too low you might expect to see drift and/or capture of the AFC by QRN and non-uniformly distributed noise.  The later can occur of the filters in your receiver are not flat within the capture b/w of the psk signal.

      I have been monitoring a very noisy 20 meters this afternoon using PSK-250, 200 Hz search range, and Acquisition S/N of 6 dB.  No AFC capture or drift is occurring.  The transceiver is an FT-450.

      Dave
    • Per
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 3, 2009
        Hi Dave,

        Seems I more or less have to top post with the yahoo web interface, sri abt that.
        I have search range set to 50 Hz and S/N to 6 dB. I also have sweetspot checked and search range 50 Hz on the mail tab.
        At the moment 30 meters is very quiet, only pskmail traffic coming in (aprs messages mostly now), so I'll leave it and hope for a few ale and pactor stations to come and create a better test situation. Right now it seems fine, I'll leave it like this and monitor it during the day.
        Thank you!

        73 de Per, sm0rwo

        I have two issues with the current, and some previous, versions when used with pskmail.