Re: [linuxham] Re: Tip for Mac OS X fldigi users

  • Dick Kriss
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 2, 2009
      Re: [linuxham] Re: Tip for Mac OS X fldigi users On Sunday8/2/09 12:53 PM, "ke7adu" <ke7adu@...> wrote:

      I am new to the Mac my self but have needed to see hidden files to configure a few things.  Typing the command below in a terminal lets you see hidden files in the finder and I think in time machine.

      "defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles YES"

      Just be sure you run it again relpacing the "YES" with "NO" when you are done.

      Anthony
      KE7ADU

      Anthony,

      The best way to view and edit the .fldigi folder is to use the fldigi button
      under the File menu to "Show Configuration."   To get the hidden or
      invisible files and folders is to use the freeware version of MainMenu
      that has a pull down from the Menubar with an option under Finder
      to Show Invisibles or Hide Invisibles.  This handy tool does the same
      thing as the terminal command you suggested; however, the MainMenu
      does not work in conjunction with the Time Machine.

      I will send you the freeware MainMenu174.app.zip. The new version
      is no longer freeware and it may be hard to find the old freeware version.
      Try it – the price is right.

      Dick