Heads Up FD fldigi Users - logging bug

  • Dick Kriss
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 28, 2009
      Fldigi version 3.11.5 worked FB for Field Day 2000 until I
      exported the log in ADIF format for scoring and to be signed
      so it could be uploaded to LoTW.

      There is a bug in fldig that does not save the logged Xchng
      to the correct field in the newlog.adif file. The received reports
      seem to log correct and they even show up and display
      correct in the Logbook Exchange in box; however, after you
      quit fldigi and restart most of the received exchanges move
      to the Ser#in box and Exchange in box is blank. This same
      comment applies to the Exchange Out. Yes, I had my 1D STX
      typed in the contest configuration box.

      I imported the fldig exported ADIF file into my logging program
      and noticed the received reports were missing. At this point
      I opened the save Logbook - newlog.adif and noticed the
      previously saved reports were missing or logged in the
      wrong box. I then manually changed the Logbook file to
      correct the errors and used the "Update" button to save the
      changes. After a quit and restart the changes were not really
      saved. None of the manual edits were saved.

      Something is really wrong with how fldigi saves the contest
      exchanges. This message is a heads up to Field Day fldigi users
      to double-check what you think may have been saved in your
      FD log.

      I plan to import the hosed fldigi log to my normal logging
      program to clean up the exchanges so the QSO's can be
      uploaded to LoTW and maybe sent to ARRL.

      This previously reported logging bug in fldigi is may still
      on the list of things to be fixed.

      73 Dick AA5VU