RE: [linuxham] fldigi and CW

  • Tommy
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 8 8:39 AM

      Hello Ed,

      Fldigi is logging nothing for the frequency..no data at all.

      I would be glad to help with testing the CW keying of a transmitter. I can tell you already that the timing sounds excellent, however I have only tested it from 20 wpm up to 120 wpm. I can’t copy much quicker than that. I noticed it was not copying the CW very well at those speeds, but honestly I was not paying full attention to how it copied at speeds. Let me know what you need tested for CW and I will try to get it tested for you

      My only problem is the CW generation delay of one second between the time I punch a key and fldigi generates the character is very distracting to one’s concentration, especially once you get much over 50 or 60 wpm.

      Thanks Ed.

      Tom -  W4BQF

      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 8 11:12 AM

        Group,

        Is there a MACRO tag that can be used to represent the current TX power?
        I don't see one listed in the macros selection window, but there might be an internal representation of an environmental value. This value is used when transferring the QSO data to the logger.

        Mitch Baum - AF2M

        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 8 11:40 AM
          Mitchel Baum wrote:

          Group,

          Is there a MACRO tag that can be used to represent the current TX power?
          I don't see one listed in the macros selection window, but there might be an internal representation of an environmental value. This value is used when transferring the QSO data to the logger.

          Mitch Baum - AF2M

          look on the UI/General config tab

          dave
        • Mitchel Baum
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 8 6:00 PM
            Dave,
            That would be the desired input field, but I want to use that value in a macro so it would need to be in internal format such as "<TXPWR>". IS this a value that can be used? or is there another tag name the represents this value? The list of internal tags does not have a TX Power identifier or text.

            Thanks!

            Mitch Baum - AF2M

            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 8 7:12 PM
              Mitchel Baum wrote:

              Dave,
              That would be the desired input field, but I want to use that value in a macro so it would need to be in internal format such as "<TXPWR>". IS this a value that can be used? or is there another tag name the represents this value? The list of internal tags does not have a TX Power identifier or text.

              Thanks!

              Mitch Baum - AF2M
              No <TXPWR> tag is defined in the current macro language.  Could be added for a future release.

              Dave
            • zcx2014
              Message 6 of 12 , Oct 6, 2014
                What's the best way of using fldigi with an external iambic keyer?

                Is it possible to connect an iambic paddle to the PC and use fldigi's keyer?

                73

                Nick G3VNC

                Message 7 of 12 , Oct 6, 2014
                  On 10/06/2014 01:24 PM, g3vnc@... [linuxham] wrote:
                  > What's the best way of using fldigi with an external iambic keyer?

                  If you only use fldigi as the CW decoder (reader).

                  > Is it possible to connect an iambic paddle to the PC and use fldigi's keyer?

                  No.

                  > 73
                  > Nick G3VNC

                  See this::

                  > http://www.w1hkj.com/FldigiHelp-3.21/html/cw_page.html

                  Ed W3NR
                • Marty Hartwell
                  Message 8 of 12 , Oct 6, 2014
                    Hi

                    Not sure I understand, do you mean just the keyer paddle and plug it into
                    the PC? Then no, if you mean a keyer why not just plug it into the key
                    jack of the rig
                    and send away.

                    Marty kd8bj

                    On 10/06/2014 12:24 PM, g3vnc@... [linuxham] wrote:

                    > What's the best way of using fldigi with an external iambic keyer?
                    >
                    > Is it possible to connect an iambic paddle to the PC and use fldigi's
                    > keyer?
                    >
                    > 73
                    >

                    > Nick G3VNC

                  • Ken
                    Message 9 of 12 , Oct 6, 2014

                      On Oct 6, 2014, at 1:24 PM, g3vnc@... [linuxham] wrote:

                      What's the best way of using fldigi with an external iambic keyer?

                      Do you want to do ALL of your keying with the iambic keyer, or do you want to use the keyer and the computer keyboard?

                      It is possible to use both by using something external to key the rig from the computer, such as the Signalink interface.   Then use the keyer in parallel.  But normally, fldigi sends CW via an audio tone (USB) and your keyer sends CW via the rig.

                      I have experimented at times, but I usually stick to using the paddles and just let fldigi copy along.

                      73, WA8JXM

                    • nick
                      Message 10 of 12 , Oct 7, 2014
                        On 06/10/14 22:03, Ken wa8jxm@... [linuxham] wrote:
                        > It is possible to use both by using something external to key the
                        rig from the computer, such as the Signalink interface.
                        Then use the keyer in parallel. But normally, fldigi sends CW
                        via an audio tone (USB) and your keyer sends CW via the rig.

                        Thanks Ken, and to others who replied to my OP.

                        I am using a softrock rxtx here. It has the facility to plug in a
                        paddle and PTT via a USB interface. I have used fldigi with either
                        sdr-core or quisk as a back end to handle the IQ/baseband conversion.

                        I was impressed with the fldigi keyboard keyer and wondered if the code
                        could be made to send CW from an iambic paddle wired to the softrock.

                        Apparently this is not the case, so I'll have to find another way to key
                        the rig.

                        73

                        Nick G3VNC