PSKmail Server all most there !

  • Russell Blair
    Message 1 of 3 , May 5, 2009
      Well I one step closer now...I can get the PSKmail server to start and now I nee to get the PC connect to the radio and work on fldigi configuration and gett all the parts working togeather. AL most a new server online.

      Russell NC5O
       Yesterday is HISTORY. Tomorrow is a MYSTERY. Today is a GIFT! Thats why its called the PRESENT!

      " IN GOD WE TRUST "

      Russell Blair (NC5O)
      Skype-Russell.Blair
      Hell Field #300
      DRCC #55
      30m Dig-group #693
    • Per
      Message 2 of 3 , May 5, 2009
        Good news Russel,

        Regarding the cpan issue I guess I had some of that as well, I upgraded the server and cpan would try to fetch a file for a vy long time (100 Mbps fiber connection at home so it wasn't a bandwidth problem). I just left it for a few hours and I guess it timed out and took care of that (cpan that is).
        If you are going to run a full time server then please join the pskmail mailing list. You'll get help, support and news there :-)

        73, Per, SM0RWO

        Message 3 of 3 , May 6, 2009
          The problem is caused by one of the cpan servers in the US which times out on every
          single request... Cpan is intelligent enough to look for the next server in the list,
          so it only needs patience...

          Once you have all libraries on board you can normally update within
          20 seconds....

          BTW, the erroneous cpan servfer can be edited out of the list.
          Google tells you how...

          73,

          Rein PA0R

          http://pa0r.blogspirit.com