Re: [linuxham] Fldigi and Navtex

    Message 1 of 6 , May 4 1:37 PM
      bcvspin wrote:
      > This is my firts post on this group.
      >
      > I am interested in receiving Navtex and HFFax.
      > I have searched this group for navtex without finding an answer.
      >
      > Is possible to add Navtex rx only to Fldigi?
      > There is any tip for working on this?
      >
      > Regards
      >
      > Franco

      No plans. But we would contemplate including it if a 3rd party decided
      to develop a Navtex Rx only modem for fldigi.

      Dave, W1HKJ
    • Larry Levesque
      Message 2 of 6 , May 4 4:03 PM
        Try this... Java version works fine for me..

        http://www.frisnit.com/cgi-bin/download.pl?file=JavaNAVTEX0.2

        --
        KA1VGM
        Larry Levesque
        Message 3 of 6 , May 4 4:09 PM
          w1hkj wrote:
          > bcvspin wrote:

          >> Is possible to add Navtex rx only to Fldigi?
          >> There is any tip for working on this?

          > No plans. But we would contemplate including it if a 3rd party decided
          > to develop a Navtex Rx only modem for fldigi.

          I've spent a weekend (a while ago) trying to figure out how
          the generic MFSK implementation in fldigi works. Once I know
          that, I can probably port over the AMTOR/SITOR/NAVTEX code
          from the old "hf" package.

          --
          All rights reversed.
        • bcvspin
          Message 4 of 6 , May 5 8:27 AM
            --- In linuxham@yahoogroups.com, Rik van Riel <riel@...> wrote:

            > w1hkj wrote:
            > I've spent a weekend (a while ago) trying to figure out how
            > the generic MFSK implementation in fldigi works. Once I know
            > that, I can probably port over the AMTOR/SITOR/NAVTEX code
            > from the old "hf" package.

            I can wait for it!

            Can I help in this work?

            Regards

            Franco
          • bcvspin
            Message 5 of 6 , May 5 8:30 AM
              --- In linuxham@yahoogroups.com, Larry Levesque <ka1vgm@...> wrote:

              > Try this... Java version works fine for me..
              >
              > http://www.frisnit.com/cgi-bin/download.pl?file=JavaNAVTEX0.2

              I have tested it and works fine.

              The problem is on my requirement for installing it on a netpc.

              Running Rx program (Quisk or a Dttsp based GUI) for an SDR radio, fldigi, HamFax, Java and frisnit decoder is a big job for an Atom 270/280 based PC !

              Regards

              Franco Spinelli