Fldigi and Navtex

  • bcvspin
    Message 1 of 6 , May 4, 2009
      This is my firts post on this group.

      I am interested in receiving Navtex and HFFax.
      I have searched this group for navtex without finding an answer.

      Is possible to add Navtex rx only to Fldigi?
      There is any tip for working on this?

      Regards

      Franco
      Message 2 of 6 , May 4, 2009
        bcvspin wrote:
        > This is my firts post on this group.
        >
        > I am interested in receiving Navtex and HFFax.
        > I have searched this group for navtex without finding an answer.
        >
        > Is possible to add Navtex rx only to Fldigi?
        > There is any tip for working on this?
        >
        > Regards
        >
        > Franco

        No plans. But we would contemplate including it if a 3rd party decided
        to develop a Navtex Rx only modem for fldigi.

        Dave, W1HKJ
      • Larry Levesque
        Message 3 of 6 , May 4, 2009
          Try this... Java version works fine for me..

          http://www.frisnit.com/cgi-bin/download.pl?file=JavaNAVTEX0.2

          --
          KA1VGM
          Larry Levesque
          Message 4 of 6 , May 4, 2009
            w1hkj wrote:
            > bcvspin wrote:

            >> Is possible to add Navtex rx only to Fldigi?
            >> There is any tip for working on this?

            > No plans. But we would contemplate including it if a 3rd party decided
            > to develop a Navtex Rx only modem for fldigi.

            I've spent a weekend (a while ago) trying to figure out how
            the generic MFSK implementation in fldigi works. Once I know
            that, I can probably port over the AMTOR/SITOR/NAVTEX code
            from the old "hf" package.

            --
            All rights reversed.
          • bcvspin
            Message 5 of 6 , May 5, 2009
              --- In linuxham@yahoogroups.com, Rik van Riel <riel@...> wrote:

              > w1hkj wrote:
              > I've spent a weekend (a while ago) trying to figure out how
              > the generic MFSK implementation in fldigi works. Once I know
              > that, I can probably port over the AMTOR/SITOR/NAVTEX code
              > from the old "hf" package.

              I can wait for it!

              Can I help in this work?

              Regards

              Franco
            • bcvspin
              Message 6 of 6 , May 5, 2009
                --- In linuxham@yahoogroups.com, Larry Levesque <ka1vgm@...> wrote:

                > Try this... Java version works fine for me..
                >
                > http://www.frisnit.com/cgi-bin/download.pl?file=JavaNAVTEX0.2

                I have tested it and works fine.

                The problem is on my requirement for installing it on a netpc.

                Running Rx program (Quisk or a Dttsp based GUI) for an SDR radio, fldigi, HamFax, Java and frisnit decoder is a big job for an Atom 270/280 based PC !

                Regards

                Franco Spinelli