Help... How to update Linux Fldigi 3.11.1 to 3.11.2

  • Dwight
    Message 1 of 2 , May 3, 2009
      Since ther is not a Fldigi 3.11.2.pet file for Linux posted, yet, on w1hkj's website. How does one update the program using the binary file? I am still learingin Linux so the steps are not clear to me.

      Are the differences between 3.11.1 and 3.11.2 significant enough to warrant the upgrade or should I just wait for the .pet file to be posted?

      I did not see anything listed in the change log.

      Thanks all
      Dwight
      Message 2 of 2 , May 3, 2009
        Dwight wrote:
        > Since ther is not a Fldigi 3.11.2.pet file for Linux posted, yet, on w1hkj's website. How does one update the program using the binary file? I am still learingin Linux so the steps are not clear to me.
        >
        > Are the differences between 3.11.1 and 3.11.2 significant enough to warrant the upgrade or should I just wait for the .pet file to be posted?
        >
        > I did not see anything listed in the change log.
        >
        > Thanks all
        > Dwight

        Personally, if fldigi is not having problems, then I would wait for a
        new .pet.

        However if you really need the latest for whatever reason, come on back
        and someone will walk you through the install.