Re: [linuxham] FLDIGI 1.01 17 meters and QSSTV

  • Rick Kunath
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 28, 2006
      On Tuesday 28 November 2006 17:26, mike wrote:
      > Odd that some are having problems with qsstv. I have version 5.3
      > installed... Actually it is part of the Debian distro. I have also
      > installed from scratch several different versions into mandrake, suse
      > and slackware with never a problem (over several years time).

      My experience with Qsstv, including the release 5.3c is similar to yours. I've
      had nary a problem, and have used it on various RedHat, and recently
      Mandrake/Mandriva distros.

      I've had Qsstv going unattended all day at times and come back to the machine
      to find lots of grabbed pics.

      Qsstv on Mandriva does need the fftw libs built with the shared option, and
      a "make clean" is necessary.

      Likely all these things are done already by those with Qsstv installed, but I
      included them as a reminder for others.

      What is the sound card in use on the problem install?

      Rick Kunath, k9ao
    • Leigh L Klotz, Jr.
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 28, 2006
        One issue is that the default source distribution of qsstv didn't work
        for years, and had a mandatory patch to be applied. It was often hard
        to find the required patch file, as of course it wasn't mentioned. This
        didn't get fixed for years. I am pleased to hear there is a revision 6
        out now though. With Debian, you have the luxury of a package
        maintainer...some kindly person who deals with all these problems.