Strange msgsnd Message in Mac fldigi 3.10

  • Dick Kriss
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 5, 2009
      I am using fldigi 3.10 on Intel iMac using OS X in the EA RTTY contest
      and it has been working great with the exception of one non-standard dialog
      message.

      The non-standard message shows up when I click on the "Log"
      macro or when I click on the "Save" button. It comes up with icon
      showing a lowercase "i" and says "msgsnd." When I click the "Close"
      button, it logs the QSO. It's like do you really want to do this!

      This weirdness seem to be unique to the contest mode in my setup. For
      normal QSOs, the log macro does not generate the non-standard message.

      I would like to know if any other Macintosh OS X users have encountered this
      strange dialog box? Neither Ed or Stelios have been able to produce the
      msgsnd dialog.

      As noted earlier fldigi has been working great for the EA RTTY contest.

      Still time for some fun.... join the contest. The exchange is RST and
      serial number

      73 Dick AA5VU
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 5, 2009
        Dick Kriss wrote:
        > I am using fldigi 3.10 on Intel iMac using OS X in the EA RTTY contest
        > and it has been working great with the exception of one non-standard dialog
        > message.
        >
        > The non-standard message shows up when I click on the "Log"
        > macro or when I click on the "Save" button. It comes up with icon
        > showing a lowercase "i" and says "msgsnd." When I click the "Close"
        > button, it logs the QSO. It's like do you really want to do this!
        >
        > This weirdness seem to be unique to the contest mode in my setup. For
        > normal QSOs, the log macro does not generate the non-standard message.
        >
        > I would like to know if any other Macintosh OS X users have encountered this
        > strange dialog box? Neither Ed or Stelios have been able to produce the
        > msgsnd dialog.
        >
        > As noted earlier fldigi has been working great for the EA RTTY contest.
        >
        > Still time for some fun.... join the contest. The exchange is RST and
        > serial number
        >
        > 73 Dick AA5VU

        The lower case I is actually a diminutive exclamation mark. The dialog
        is an error report and appears to be associated with the SysV IPC
        message that is being generated for transferring log information to an
        external database. fldigi is designed to send IPC messages that are
        compatible with Xlog, a popular Linux logging program. You can probably
        safely disable the IPC calls by editing the source code in
        src/logger/logger.cxx and rebuilding fldigi.

        Does OS X support the SysV IPC message queue?

        Dave, W1HKJ
      • Dick Kriss
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 5, 2009
          Re: [linuxham] Strange msgsnd  Message in Mac fldigi 3.10 On Sunday4/5/09 2:13 PM, "w1hkj" <w1hkj@...> wrote:

          > As noted earlier fldigi has been working great for the EA RTTY contest.
          >
          > Still time for some fun.... join the contest.  The exchange is RST and
          > serial number
          >
          > 73 Dick AA5VU

          The lower case I is actually a diminutive exclamation mark.  The dialog
          is an error report and appears to be associated with the SysV IPC
          message that is being generated for transferring log information to an
          external database.  fldigi is designed to send IPC messages that are
          compatible with Xlog, a popular Linux logging program.  You can probably
          safely disable the IPC calls by editing the source code in
          src/logger/logger.cxx and rebuilding fldigi.

          Does OS X support the SysV IPC message queue?

          Dave, W1HKJ

          Dave,

          Thanks for the note.  That explains the situation.  I will just live with it.

          I do not know the answer to your question.  Maybe others can answer.

          Dick AA5VU