BPSK250

  • Manos Darkadakis
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 5 3:41 AM
      Hello all
      After solving a few sound card problems I am trying to evaluate BPSK250 mode and pskmail.
      I find rather difficult the decoding on this mode. I am using fldigi for both flavors (linux and windows) and windows mmvari as well. Running one hf on a dummy load and the other on the main 30M antenna can give good results for the first tests but the on air performance is rather poor. Does anyone has some experience on the settings for the 250 bpsk mode? Or any other comments, as I can hardly decode sporadically some frames on 10147 MHz.

      Thanks in advance, Manos SV1IW
    • Per
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 5 4:47 AM
        Hi Manos,

        I would check those soundcard settings again, possibly replace the card with anything else.
        In general I have very little trouble reading frames, if I can hear them then they are mostly also printed.
        What helps here is that we limit afc with pskmail and we use narrow filters. I have done a calibration of fldigi but in my case it didn't change much.
        Also I make sure not to overload fldigi on reception (the black/green/red indicator).

        73 de Per, sm0rwo