Re: [linuxham] SDR Radio Software for Linux

  • Philip Webb
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 3, 2009
      Hi Richard,

      In addition to what Ken has said, you might also have a look at DTTSP,
      which is software which works with several pieces of hardware - also has
      a Yahoo group.

      73
      Philip
      VK4HPW

      Ken N9VV wrote:

      > Hi Richard, there is at least one SDR radio called the QuickSilver
      > that is totally Linux/MAC/Winblows friendly. I am running my
      > server on Ubuntu Jaunty 9.04 right now. Works like a champ.
      > http://www.n9vv com/QuickSilver- Movies.html
      > <http://www.n9vv.com/QuickSilver-Movies.html> and use VLC as your
      > viewer. Check out my main page for the Yahoo link to:
      > http://www.n9vv com <http://www.n9vv.com>
      >
      > 73 de Ken N9VV
      >
      > Irena & Richard Jenkins wrote:
      > >

      > > It seems that almost all (?) of the software for
      > > software-defined- radios is made for one or other version of winblows.
      > > Any linux implementations out there?? I am sort of interested in the
      > > Genesis SDR40 project ... but as I run linux on a Mac ... I am barred!
      > >
      > > Richard
      > > VK1RJ
      > >
      > > --
      > > Irena & Richard Jenkins
      > > Canberra AU
      > >
      > > Linux on a Mac ... delightful!

    • Al
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 4, 2009
        Also look at Linrad by SM5BSZ. It is written to be compatible with older hardware, and I find it has the lowest overhead of all the SDR I've tried. The GUI takes a bit of a learning curve, but it is very stable and useful.
      • Leigh L. Klotz, Jr WA5ZNU
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 17, 2009
          You might take a look at quisk. It should work for you on the Mac.
          Leigh/WA5ZNU
          > It seems that almost all (?) of the software for
          > software-defined-radios is made for one or other version of winblows.
          > Any linux implementations out there?? I am sort of interested in the
          > Genesis SDR40 project ... but as I run linux on a Mac ... I am barred!
          >
          > Richard
          > VK1RJ

        • Rick Kunath
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 18, 2009