Re: [linuxham] SDR Radio Software for Linux

  • Ken N9VV
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 3, 2009
      Hi Richard, there is at least one SDR radio called the QuickSilver
      that is totally Linux/MAC/Winblows friendly. I am running my
      server on Ubuntu Jaunty 9.04 right now. Works like a champ.
      http://www.n9vv.com/QuickSilver-Movies.html and use VLC as your
      viewer. Check out my main page for the Yahoo link to:
      http://www.n9vv.com

      73 de Ken N9VV

      Irena & Richard Jenkins wrote:

      > It seems that almost all (?) of the software for
      > software-defined-radios is made for one or other version of winblows.
      > Any linux implementations out there?? I am sort of interested in the
      > Genesis SDR40 project ... but as I run linux on a Mac ... I am barred!
      >
      > Richard
      > VK1RJ
      >
      > --
      > Irena & Richard Jenkins
      > Canberra AU
      >
      > Linux on a Mac ... delightful!
      > ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

    • Philip Webb
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 3, 2009
        Hi Richard,

        In addition to what Ken has said, you might also have a look at DTTSP,
        which is software which works with several pieces of hardware - also has
        a Yahoo group.

        73
        Philip
        VK4HPW

        Ken N9VV wrote:

        > Hi Richard, there is at least one SDR radio called the QuickSilver
        > that is totally Linux/MAC/Winblows friendly. I am running my
        > server on Ubuntu Jaunty 9.04 right now. Works like a champ.
        > http://www.n9vv com/QuickSilver- Movies.html
        > <http://www.n9vv.com/QuickSilver-Movies.html> and use VLC as your
        > viewer. Check out my main page for the Yahoo link to:
        > http://www.n9vv com <http://www.n9vv.com>
        >
        > 73 de Ken N9VV
        >
        > Irena & Richard Jenkins wrote:
        > >

        > > It seems that almost all (?) of the software for
        > > software-defined- radios is made for one or other version of winblows.
        > > Any linux implementations out there?? I am sort of interested in the
        > > Genesis SDR40 project ... but as I run linux on a Mac ... I am barred!
        > >
        > > Richard
        > > VK1RJ
        > >
        > > --
        > > Irena & Richard Jenkins
        > > Canberra AU
        > >
        > > Linux on a Mac ... delightful!

      • Al
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 4, 2009
          Also look at Linrad by SM5BSZ. It is written to be compatible with older hardware, and I find it has the lowest overhead of all the SDR I've tried. The GUI takes a bit of a learning curve, but it is very stable and useful.
        • Leigh L. Klotz, Jr WA5ZNU
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 17, 2009
            You might take a look at quisk. It should work for you on the Mac.
            Leigh/WA5ZNU
            > It seems that almost all (?) of the software for
            > software-defined-radios is made for one or other version of winblows.
            > Any linux implementations out there?? I am sort of interested in the
            > Genesis SDR40 project ... but as I run linux on a Mac ... I am barred!
            >
            > Richard
            > VK1RJ

          • Rick Kunath
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 18, 2009