SDR Radio Software for Linux

  • Irena & Richard Jenkins
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 3, 2009
      It seems that almost all (?) of the software for
      software-defined-radios is made for one or other version of winblows.
      Any linux implementations out there?? I am sort of interested in the
      Genesis SDR40 project ... but as I run linux on a Mac ... I am barred!

      Richard
      VK1RJ

      --
      Irena & Richard Jenkins
      Canberra AU

      Linux on a Mac ... delightful!
    • Ken N9VV
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 3, 2009
        Hi Richard, there is at least one SDR radio called the QuickSilver
        that is totally Linux/MAC/Winblows friendly. I am running my
        server on Ubuntu Jaunty 9.04 right now. Works like a champ.
        http://www.n9vv.com/QuickSilver-Movies.html and use VLC as your
        viewer. Check out my main page for the Yahoo link to:
        http://www.n9vv.com

        73 de Ken N9VV

        Irena & Richard Jenkins wrote:

        > It seems that almost all (?) of the software for
        > software-defined-radios is made for one or other version of winblows.
        > Any linux implementations out there?? I am sort of interested in the
        > Genesis SDR40 project ... but as I run linux on a Mac ... I am barred!
        >
        > Richard
        > VK1RJ
        >
        > --
        > Irena & Richard Jenkins
        > Canberra AU
        >
        > Linux on a Mac ... delightful!
        > ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

      • Philip Webb
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 3, 2009
          Hi Richard,

          In addition to what Ken has said, you might also have a look at DTTSP,
          which is software which works with several pieces of hardware - also has
          a Yahoo group.

          73
          Philip
          VK4HPW

          Ken N9VV wrote:

          > Hi Richard, there is at least one SDR radio called the QuickSilver
          > that is totally Linux/MAC/Winblows friendly. I am running my
          > server on Ubuntu Jaunty 9.04 right now. Works like a champ.
          > http://www.n9vv com/QuickSilver- Movies.html
          > <http://www.n9vv.com/QuickSilver-Movies.html> and use VLC as your
          > viewer. Check out my main page for the Yahoo link to:
          > http://www.n9vv com <http://www.n9vv.com>
          >
          > 73 de Ken N9VV
          >
          > Irena & Richard Jenkins wrote:
          > >

          > > It seems that almost all (?) of the software for
          > > software-defined- radios is made for one or other version of winblows.
          > > Any linux implementations out there?? I am sort of interested in the
          > > Genesis SDR40 project ... but as I run linux on a Mac ... I am barred!
          > >
          > > Richard
          > > VK1RJ
          > >
          > > --
          > > Irena & Richard Jenkins
          > > Canberra AU
          > >
          > > Linux on a Mac ... delightful!

        • Al
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 4, 2009
            Also look at Linrad by SM5BSZ. It is written to be compatible with older hardware, and I find it has the lowest overhead of all the SDR I've tried. The GUI takes a bit of a learning curve, but it is very stable and useful.
          • Leigh L. Klotz, Jr WA5ZNU
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 17, 2009
              You might take a look at quisk. It should work for you on the Mac.
              Leigh/WA5ZNU
              > It seems that almost all (?) of the software for
              > software-defined-radios is made for one or other version of winblows.
              > Any linux implementations out there?? I am sort of interested in the
              > Genesis SDR40 project ... but as I run linux on a Mac ... I am barred!
              >
              > Richard
              > VK1RJ

            • Rick Kunath
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 18, 2009