Re: [linuxham] While Using USB->Serial Controller, Correct Port is Unavailable

  • Nate Bargmann
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 2 5:43 PM
      * kent_ve4keh <pb232641@...> [2009 Apr 02 19:36 -0500]:
      > I'm using a Prolific (pl2303) USB-Serial controller on my Acer Aspire under Debian Squeeze. lsusb reports it assigned to ttyUSB0. However, rig configuration gives me no other option than /dev/ttyS0, in any of the tabs.

      You should be able to edit that box directly.

      73, de Nate >>

    • kent_ve4keh
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 3 5:08 PM
        --- In linuxham@yahoogroups.com, Nate Bargmann <n0nb@...> wrote:

        <snip>

        > You should be able to edit that box directly.
        >
        > 73, de Nate >>

        I tried that already. Couldn't even edit the entry in the list box.

        Instead, I opened and edited fldigi_def.xml. There are three lines between lines 125 and 131 that define the port for the different purposes (PTT control, Hamlib or XML).

        Thanks, guys!

        Kent VE4KEH