While Using USB->Serial Controller, Correct Port is Unavailable

  • kent_ve4keh
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 2, 2009
      I'm using a Prolific (pl2303) USB-Serial controller on my Acer Aspire under Debian Squeeze. lsusb reports it assigned to ttyUSB0. However, rig configuration gives me no other option than /dev/ttyS0, in any of the tabs.

      I've searched past postings, to no available. Any suggestions?

      Kent VE4KEH
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 2, 2009
        kent_ve4keh wrote:
        > I'm using a Prolific (pl2303) USB-Serial controller on my Acer Aspire under Debian Squeeze. lsusb reports it assigned to ttyUSB0. However, rig configuration gives me no other option than /dev/ttyS0, in any of the tabs.
        >
        > I've searched past postings, to no available. Any suggestions?
        >
        > Kent VE4KEH

        Just change the entry to /dev/ttyUSB0 that should work. If you added the
        device after you installed fldigi, fldigi may or may not see it.

        Ed W3NR
      • Nate Bargmann
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 2, 2009
          * kent_ve4keh <pb232641@...> [2009 Apr 02 19:36 -0500]:
          > I'm using a Prolific (pl2303) USB-Serial controller on my Acer Aspire under Debian Squeeze. lsusb reports it assigned to ttyUSB0. However, rig configuration gives me no other option than /dev/ttyS0, in any of the tabs.

          You should be able to edit that box directly.

          73, de Nate >>

        • kent_ve4keh
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 3, 2009
            --- In linuxham@yahoogroups.com, Nate Bargmann <n0nb@...> wrote:

            <snip>

            > You should be able to edit that box directly.
            >
            > 73, de Nate >>

            I tried that already. Couldn't even edit the entry in the list box.

            Instead, I opened and edited fldigi_def.xml. There are three lines between lines 125 and 131 that define the port for the different purposes (PTT control, Hamlib or XML).

            Thanks, guys!

            Kent VE4KEH