Re: [linuxham] Re: Fldigi 1.0 posted

    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 24, 2006
      comcast wrote:
      > Can someone running Fldigi under Ubuntu clue me in as to how to configure
      > sound card and USB ports. Thanks
      >

      > Rod
      >
      > rwhart@..._,___

      Rod, we need a little more information to be able to help. Unless you
      have some odd hardware Ubuntu should have found and installed the
      correct drivers for both

      Ed W3NR
    • comcast
      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 24, 2006

        I am using a couple RS USB converters and the Creative USB sound board. This configuration is use on ALE and PSK. I use a Belkin USB switch to move the ports around between two XP and one Linux systems. What I need is the Device names that Ubuntu assign to USB devices. I suppose I could check the startup log to get this info. I just thought I could save myself some time. Thanks!

        Rod Hart WA3MEZ

        > Can someone running Fldigi under Ubuntu clue me in as to how to
        configure
        > sound card and USB ports. Thanks

        Are you talking about a USB sound card, a USB->Serial rig controller,
        or what?

        --Teh

        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 24, 2006
          comcast wrote:
          > I am using a couple RS USB converters and the Creative USB sound board. This
          > configuration is use on ALE and PSK. I use a Belkin USB switch to move the
          > ports around between two XP and one Linux systems. What I need is the Device
          > names that Ubuntu assign to USB devices. I suppose I could check the startup
          > log to get this info. I just thought I could save myself some time. Thanks!
          >

          > Rod Hart WA3MEZ

          /dev/ttyUSBx x= usually 0

          Ed W3NR
        • W2AGN
          Message 4 of 13 , Nov 24, 2006
            V1.00 compiled and runs FB on my SUSE 9.3 distro. Great program!

            ---
             / \  / \  / \  / \  / \   John L. Sielke
            ( W )( 2 )( A )( G )( N )  http://w2agn.net
             \_/  \_/  \_/  \_/  \_/   http://www.blurty.com/users/w2agn
            See the underhanded actions of QRP-ARCI®. http://w2agn.net/noarci.html
          • Leigh L Klotz, Jr.
            Message 5 of 13 , Nov 24, 2006
              I use tail /var/log/messages to find it...
              Are you able to use G4GUO's ALE on Ubuntu under Wine?
              I was unable to get it to install on Fedora under Wine.
              73,
              Leigh/WA5ZNU
              On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 12:39 pm, comcast wrote:
              > I am using a couple RS USB converters and the Creative USB sound board.
              > This configuration is use on ALE and PSK. I use a Belkin USB switch to
              > move the ports around between two XP and one Linux systems. What I need
              > is the Device names that Ubuntu assign to USB devices. I suppose I
              > could check the startup log to get this info. I just thought I could
              > save myself some time. Thanks!
              >
              > Rod Hart WA3MEZ

            • mike
              Message 6 of 13 , Nov 25, 2006
                In Debian, I have one of the same USB to serial ports. The ptt device
                would be known as /dev/ttyUSB0

                The second port would be /dev/ttyUSB1 if youre using 2.
                not sure about the usb soundcard.

                Mike, kd0ar