Re: Fldigi 1.0 posted

  • Tehrasha Darkon
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 24, 2006
      --- In linuxham@yahoogroups.com, "comcast" <rwhart@...> wrote:

      > Can someone running Fldigi under Ubuntu clue me in as to how to
      configure
      > sound card and USB ports. Thanks

      Are you talking about a USB sound card, a USB->Serial rig controller,
      or what?

      --Teh
      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 24, 2006
        comcast wrote:
        > Can someone running Fldigi under Ubuntu clue me in as to how to configure
        > sound card and USB ports. Thanks
        >

        > Rod
        >
        > rwhart@..._,___

        Rod, we need a little more information to be able to help. Unless you
        have some odd hardware Ubuntu should have found and installed the
        correct drivers for both

        Ed W3NR
      • comcast
        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 24, 2006

          I am using a couple RS USB converters and the Creative USB sound board. This configuration is use on ALE and PSK. I use a Belkin USB switch to move the ports around between two XP and one Linux systems. What I need is the Device names that Ubuntu assign to USB devices. I suppose I could check the startup log to get this info. I just thought I could save myself some time. Thanks!

          Rod Hart WA3MEZ

          Message 4 of 13 , Nov 24, 2006
            comcast wrote:
            > I am using a couple RS USB converters and the Creative USB sound board. This
            > configuration is use on ALE and PSK. I use a Belkin USB switch to move the
            > ports around between two XP and one Linux systems. What I need is the Device
            > names that Ubuntu assign to USB devices. I suppose I could check the startup
            > log to get this info. I just thought I could save myself some time. Thanks!
            >

            > Rod Hart WA3MEZ

            /dev/ttyUSBx x= usually 0

            Ed W3NR
          • W2AGN
            Message 5 of 13 , Nov 24, 2006
              V1.00 compiled and runs FB on my SUSE 9.3 distro. Great program!

              ---
               / \  / \  / \  / \  / \   John L. Sielke
              ( W )( 2 )( A )( G )( N )  http://w2agn.net
               \_/  \_/  \_/  \_/  \_/   http://www.blurty.com/users/w2agn
              See the underhanded actions of QRP-ARCI®. http://w2agn.net/noarci.html
            • Leigh L Klotz, Jr.
              Message 6 of 13 , Nov 24, 2006
                I use tail /var/log/messages to find it...
                Are you able to use G4GUO's ALE on Ubuntu under Wine?
                I was unable to get it to install on Fedora under Wine.
                73,
                Leigh/WA5ZNU
                On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 12:39 pm, comcast wrote:
                > I am using a couple RS USB converters and the Creative USB sound board.
                > This configuration is use on ALE and PSK. I use a Belkin USB switch to
                > move the ports around between two XP and one Linux systems. What I need
                > is the Device names that Ubuntu assign to USB devices. I suppose I
                > could check the startup log to get this info. I just thought I could
                > save myself some time. Thanks!
                >
                > Rod Hart WA3MEZ

              • mike
                Message 7 of 13 , Nov 25, 2006
                  In Debian, I have one of the same USB to serial ports. The ptt device
                  would be known as /dev/ttyUSB0

                  The second port would be /dev/ttyUSB1 if youre using 2.
                  not sure about the usb soundcard.

                  Mike, kd0ar