cat ft 840

  • kf4wbs
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 25 9:48 PM
      HI

      I AM USING AN FT 840 WITH THE FT 890 XML FILE IT READS THE FREQ`S CAN
      CHANGE FREQ`S AND MODES IT WONT KEY THE TRANSMITTER

      WHEN I SWITCH TO PC-ALE USING THE FT 890 SETTINGS IT WILL DO EVERYTHING
      WHAT SEEMS TO THE PROBLEM ??? ANYONE HAVE A CLUE
    • kf4wbs
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 25 9:58 PM

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 26 3:38 AM
          kf4wbs wrote:
          > HI
          >
          > I AM USING AN FT 840 WITH THE FT 890 XML FILE IT READS THE FREQ`S CAN
          > CHANGE FREQ`S AND MODES IT WONT KEY THE TRANSMITTER
          >
          > WHEN I SWITCH TO PC-ALE USING THE FT 890 SETTINGS IT WILL DO EVERYTHING
          > WHAT SEEMS TO THE PROBLEM ??? ANYONE HAVE A CLUE

          You don't provide much information to go on. Telling us it won't key the
          transmitter, I suspect most of us wouldn't have a clue.

          Have you gone through the Help files to set up the PTT ::

          > http://www.w1hkj.com/FldigiHelp/TransceiverControl.html

          You need to provide some details on how you are trying to accomplish PTT.

          Ed W3NR
        • kf4wbs
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 26 9:49 AM

            > kf4wbs wrote:
            > > HI
            > >
            > > I AM USING AN FT 840 WITH THE FT 890 XML FILE IT READS THE FREQ`S CAN
            > > CHANGE FREQ`S AND MODES IT WONT KEY THE TRANSMITTER
            > >
            > > WHEN I SWITCH TO PC-ALE USING THE FT 890 SETTINGS IT WILL DO EVERYTHING
            > > WHAT SEEMS TO THE PROBLEM ??? ANYONE HAVE A CLUE
            > >

            > You don't provide much information to go on. Telling us it won't key the
            > transmitter, I suspect most of us wouldn't have a clue.
            >
            > Have you gone through the Help files to set up the PTT ::
            >
            > > http://www.w1hkj.com/FldigiHelp/TransceiverControl.html
            >
            > You need to provide some details on how you are trying to accomplish PTT.
            >

            > Ed W3NR

            HI ED

            I REALIZED I LEFT A LITTEL INFO OUT AFTER THE FIRST POST IF YOU LOOK AT THE SECOND POST YOU WILL SEE I ADDED THE PROGRAM IN QUESTION FLDIGI.............

            YOU USED THE FIRST POST I AM USING A CAT CONTROL CABLE AND HAVE TRIED BOTH HAMLIB AND RIGCAT TO GET THE RIG UNDER CAT CONTROL
            THE RIGCAT WONT CONTROL ANYTHING THE HAMLIB USING THE FT 890 SETTINGS WILL DO EVERYTHING EXCEPT KEY THE RIG THE SETTINGS ARE DTR ON / XON/XOFF FLOW IS ON THIS SHOW`S CAT CONTROL CONDITION ON THE RIG THERE IS NO VOX ON THE FT 840 AND I AM USING THE COM PORT FOR THE CAT CONTOLLER AGAIN PC-ALE WORKS USING THE FT 890 DLL MEANING THE COMMANDS ARE THERE ALSO CI-V COMMANDER ALSO HAS FULL CONTROL IT WILL READ AND MAKE FREQ CHANGES FROM THE COMPUTER AND WILL ALSO KEY THE RADIO

            I DONT KNOW IF THE XML FILE FOR HAMIL IN FLDIGI CAN BE MODIFIED TO WORK OR NOT

            THANKS FOR YOUR INTEREST

            DAVID KF4WBS
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 26 10:26 AM
              kf4wbs wrote:

              > HI ED
              >
              > I REALIZED I LEFT A LITTEL INFO OUT AFTER THE FIRST POST IF YOU LOOK AT THE SECOND POST YOU WILL SEE I ADDED THE PROGRAM IN QUESTION FLDIGI.............
              >
              > YOU USED THE FIRST POST I AM USING A CAT CONTROL CABLE AND HAVE TRIED BOTH HAMLIB AND RIGCAT TO GET THE RIG UNDER CAT CONTROL
              > THE RIGCAT WONT CONTROL ANYTHING THE HAMLIB USING THE FT 890 SETTINGS WILL DO EVERYTHING EXCEPT KEY THE RIG THE SETTINGS ARE DTR ON / XON/XOFF FLOW IS ON THIS SHOW`S CAT CONTROL CONDITION ON THE RIG THERE IS NO VOX ON THE FT 840 AND I AM USING THE COM PORT FOR THE CAT CONTOLLER AGAIN PC-ALE WORKS USING THE FT 890 DLL MEANING THE COMMANDS ARE THERE ALSO CI-V COMMANDER ALSO HAS FULL CONTROL IT WILL READ AND MAKE FREQ CHANGES FROM THE COMPUTER AND WILL ALSO KEY THE RADIO
              >
              > I DONT KNOW IF THE XML FILE FOR HAMIL IN FLDIGI CAN BE MODIFIED TO WORK OR NOT
              >
              > THANKS FOR YOUR INTEREST
              >
              > DAVID KF4WBS

              Did you check the PTT via Hamlib Command ? and if so and it did not
              work, then you will need a seperate interface for PTT.