Re: [linuxham] Programme Starting is very slow

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 20, 2009
      gw4mva wrote:
      > Hi, Am a new user from today.
      > This looks a nice programme and initially worked fine, no problems setting up CAT and Soundcard, had a few QSOs etc.
      > Then loaded my 23,000 QSOs as an ADIF file from Logger32 into the logbook
      >
      > The programme now takes 51 Seconds to appear on the screen after I click the Icon on the Desktop. I expect the programme to start straight away. Is this delay all down to the logbook being loaded ? Too many QSOs etc.
      >
      > Running on WinXP SP3.
      >
      > Any help appreciated.
      >
      > 73s
      >
      > Glynn GW4MVA/ZC4CZ

      That is a considerable number of QSOs to add to the logbook. fldigi
      maintains the database in memory with immediate update of new data to
      the ADIF logbook file. Would you mind sharing your ADIF file with me so
      that I might do some testing. It might be possible to speed up the
      process. My meager 2000 record database does not slow things down much
      at all.

      If sharing the ADIF is OK with you then please send direct to:

      w1hkj@...

      Thanks.

      Dave, W1HKJ