Re: Hamlib error msg FT-920 **fixed**

  • Al
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 14, 2009
      I seem to have found the problem. I went into the source code, namely /yaesu/ft920.c in the hamlib tree.

      After line 252, I added the following line:

      {RIG_MODE_PKTUSB, kHz(0.5)},/* Alias of MODE_DATA_UN */

      After line 908, I added these lines:

      case MODE_DATA_UN:
      *mode = RIG_MODE_PKTUSB;
      norm = FALSE;
      break;

      Recomplied and it works now. The ft920 is funny in that what is called Data USB mode is actually AFSK, and uses the audio inputs, and Data LSB is FSK, and uses the RTTY inputs. So you end up doing RTTY in USB mode with fldigi or other audio modems.