Re: Dual Core AMD 64

  • Jerry W
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 11, 2006
      Joe and All,

      Ought to be interesting as I also purchased the "Rig Expert" USB
      device that runs on MixW. There is a Linux driver for the "Rig Expert"
      on the www.rigexpert.com site. Getting difficult to find a computer
      or motherboad that has a serial port these days, but they have eight
      USB connectors on the computer I had built at the local Geek shop.

      On another note I see Simon Brown of Ham Radio Deluxe is going to
      build a all mode program for Windows.

      Also Patrick of Multipsk has Reed Solomon Identifier in his latest
      release of Multipsk:

      Jerry - K0HZI

      --- In linuxham@yahoogroups.com, Joe Veldhuis <kd8atu@...> wrote:

      Well, I have had a machine with dual AMD Opteron CPUs (two physical
      CPUs, not one CPU with 2 cores) for about 4 years now, and have used
      it with both 32-bit and 64-bit OSs. With few exceptions, everything
      works fine.

      To be specific, I have used gMFSK, Fldigi, QSSTV, Hfterm, soundmodem,
      Xastir, Xlog, the AX.25 utils, and JNOS with few problems. Note that
      soundmodem requires a patch, available from the Debian package site,
      in order to compile on a 64-bit system.

      -Joe, KD8ATU

      Jerry W wrote:
      Just got a new computer, has a AMD dual core 64 Athlon processor, 3.3
      gHz, 1 G memory.

      Downloading Mandriva Free x86_64 iso's. Has any one used the dual
      core 64 bit distro and the ham radio programs? Any issues?

      Jerry - K0HZI