Re: [linuxham] FLDIGI in the contest?

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 13 11:35 AM
      William Liporace - WC2L wrote:
      > Good Afternoon,
      >
      > I am thinking of playing in the RTTY contest this weekend. I have a
      > Navigator so I was thinking of just using FLDIGI on Windows. Is this a good
      > or bad idea?? Better option? I am really trying to KISS.
      >

      > TNX Will WC2L

      Will, I'm not sure what role the Navigator has in a contest. As long as
      it works with fldigi you should be set and ready to go.

      I'll also be in the CQ-WPX-RTTY using fldigi-Omni6-wires-6BTV and a
      homebrew interface(the same 1 I've used for years).

      The macros are the main concern in any RTTY contest, the shorter the
      better. RST and serial is the exchange for this contest.

      Take a look here for some ideas ::

      > https://sites.google.com/site/edshamradiopage/

      Hope to cu in the contest.

      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 13 11:40 AM
        William Liporace - WC2L wrote:
        > Good Afternoon,
        >
        > I am thinking of playing in the RTTY contest this weekend. I have a
        > Navigator so I was thinking of just using FLDIGI on Windows. Is this a good
        > or bad idea?? Better option? I am really trying to KISS.
        >

        > TNX Will WC2L

        BTW, if you have any other contest related questions, drop a note here.

        Ed W3NR
      • William Liporace - WC2L
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 13 11:46 AM

          The reason for the Navigator comment is because there is no drivers for the unit under Linux.