fldigi 3.10 command line. ..??

  • dek4rst
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 3, 2009
      This is what I get when I run fldigi 3.10 from the command line. It
      doesn't seem to effect the program, but I would like to fix it if
      possible. When I was using 3.03 version, it opened and ran clean
      without any problems. The computer I'm running it on is an old Dell CPx
      Latitude, with a dedicated, Full install of Puppy Linux 4.1.2. It has a
      466mhz celeron processor, 256 megs memory, and a 17 gig hdd. I'm just
      using fldigi 3.10 on the digital modes only, and not yet tried it with
      rig control....Any help would be appreciated...thanks

      # fldigi
      fldigi: Symbol 'hamlib_version' has different size in shared object,
      consider re-linking
      #
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 3, 2009
        dek4rst wrote:
        > This is what I get when I run fldigi 3.10 from the command line. It
        > doesn't seem to effect the program, but I would like to fix it if
        > possible. When I was using 3.03 version, it opened and ran clean
        > without any problems. The computer I'm running it on is an old Dell CPx
        > Latitude, with a dedicated, Full install of Puppy Linux 4.1.2. It has a
        > 466mhz celeron processor, 256 megs memory, and a 17 gig hdd. I'm just
        > using fldigi 3.10 on the digital modes only, and not yet tried it with
        > rig control....Any help would be appreciated...thanks
        >
        > # fldigi
        > fldigi: Symbol 'hamlib_version' has different size in shared object,
        > consider re-linking
        > #

        You could compile the program from source without hamlib support. The
        binary is build against hamlib.1.2.8. The earlier 3.03 was built
        against 1.2.7. When you installed the 3.10 pet perhaps the hamlib
        shared libs did not get installed correctly.

        At any rate it should not make any difference. The message is just a
        friendly warning from your dynamic loader.

        Dave
      • dek4rst
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 3, 2009

          > dek4rst wrote:
          > > This is what I get when I run fldigi 3.10 from the command line.
          It
          > > doesn't seem to effect the program, but I would like to fix it if
          > > possible. When I was using 3.03 version, it opened and ran clean
          > > without any problems. The computer I'm running it on is an old
          Dell CPx
          > > Latitude, with a dedicated, Full install of Puppy Linux 4.1.2. It
          has a
          > > 466mhz celeron processor, 256 megs memory, and a 17 gig hdd. I'm
          just
          > > using fldigi 3.10 on the digital modes only, and not yet tried it
          with
          > > rig control....Any help would be appreciated...thanks
          > >
          > > # fldigi
          > > fldigi: Symbol 'hamlib_version' has different size in shared
          object,
          > > consider re-linking
          > > #
          > >

          > You could compile the program from source without hamlib support.
          The
          > binary is build against hamlib.1.2.8. The earlier 3.03 was built
          > against 1.2.7. When you installed the 3.10 pet perhaps the hamlib
          > shared libs did not get installed correctly.
          >
          > At any rate it should not make any difference. The message is just
          > friendly warning from your dynamic loader.
          >
          > Dave

          OK Thanks, I believe that I've got hamlib 1.2.7 so that might be the
          problem. 73s