Re: [linuxham] Do I require a RigBlaster?

  • Nate Bargmann
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2009
      * Robert Chambers <p6rc@...> [2009 Jan 31 21:22 -0600]:
      > Hello:Do I require a RigBlaster to operate PSK?thanks,Bob.8P6RC

      Require? No. Is it a handy and reliable unit? Yes.

      Most radios will require some sort of an interface between the computer
      and radio if for no other reason than isolation. While the Ribblaster
      Plus doesn't provide isolation on the RX audio, they just provide a
      cable with a 1/8" plug on the ends, it does isolate the TX audio and
      provide a couple of differing methods of keying the PTT. I like the
      Plus since it allows me to keep my desk microphone connected to it and
      not have to swap cables all the time.

      73, de Nate >>

    • Darryl Wagoner
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 1, 2009
        You need an interface. Some have built them and it isn't hard.

        I had a old RibBlaster which worked fine, but all the interfaces
        I have seen except one has the same problem. It ties up your sound
        card or you need a second sound card.

        I got the SignaLink USB which has a built in sound card. I can now
        go from digital to phone and have my main sound card playing without
        moving wires. Life is good!

        -darryl DE WA1GON