Re: [linuxham] Do I require a RigBlaster?

  • Simon Brown (KNS)
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2009
      What radio?

      K3 - no, IC-7200 - no. As Rick says there are good less-expensive options.
      If you're not using an ICOM radio with a USB cable then whatever you do
      please consider a second soundcard, some of these interfaces have a second
      soundcard built-in.

      Simon Brown, HB9DRV
      www.ham-radio-deluxe.com

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 1, 2009
          You need an interface. Some have built them and it isn't hard.

          I had a old RibBlaster which worked fine, but all the interfaces
          I have seen except one has the same problem. It ties up your sound
          card or you need a second sound card.

          I got the SignaLink USB which has a built in sound card. I can now
          go from digital to phone and have my main sound card playing without
          moving wires. Life is good!

          -darryl DE WA1GON