Re: [linuxham] Re: FLDIGI

  • Stelios Bounanos
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 25, 2009
      Hello Kirk,

      > I don't think this is a rig control issue. Using the T/R function, I can
      > key the transmitter. The issue is that the transmitted data stream is slow
      > to start. As an example; in a QSO and receiving, I'm typing in my response
      > in preparation to transmit the response. Once I go to transmit (in any
      > mode), the response does not begin for several seconds. But (eventually) it
      > does start. What I can't figure out is what's causing the response to hang
      > for these few seconds?

      Open the log window (Help/Event log) and drag the slider to Debug. Are
      there any timeouts or other errors when you transmit? If you use RigCAT
      there will be a flood of log messages for the sent and reveived rig
      data, which can be silenced by unchecking "Rig control" in the "Log
      sources" menu.

      73,
      Stelios, M0GLD.
    • Dick Kriss
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 2 4:29 PM

        Sun Mar 2, 2014 2:33 pm (PST) . Posted by:

        tchuber

        I have seen a few posts on using FLDIGI with TS590 so thought I would try it. Seems to work fine with 1 exception and that is going back to receive.
        Even keying up with empty buffer (just hit tx) it keys up fine then hit receive and takes from15 to 20 seconds to drop. I do have the 590 xml file in the directory and have it configured in the system. Am I missing some thing? or does it just take time to drop out. I checked the help and it said use <RX> or ctrl R but they do same thing and take same time to drop out. Thanks for any replies.

        73 Tom WD0BFO

        Tom WD0BFO,

        I am a long time TS-590S/fldigi user and I have never seen a delay as you described to change from Tx to Rx.  You must have something setup wrong.

        Off line send me a screenshot of your fldigi Rig Control settings and how you are handling the interface. I assume you are using the direct USB interface and are using RigCAT for rig control.

        As you described it sounds like a VOX delay issue. You do not, repeat do not, need to push the VOX button on the face of the TS-590S; however, you do need to have TS-590S Data VOX Menu item #69 set to ON and I have VOX delay time Menu Item #70 set to 60. The TS-590 default for VOX delay is 50 and I cannot remember why I must have changed it to 60.

        Dick AA5VU
        call at arrl.net or look me up on QRZ.