Clipboard, text functions?

  • josemj1
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 20, 2006
      Once again, let me say the fldigi is wonderful piece of work, Dave.

      But already I'm nitpicking! :) I was curious about any intent you
      have in introducing clipboard functions (cut/copy/paste), or even
      allowing text to be highlighted for capture with the ^X/^C/^V
      shortcuts.

      Also, is there any desire to support logging to a text file?

      Thanks,
      Marshall, WA3VPZ
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 20, 2006
        josemj1 wrote:

        >Once again, let me say the fldigi is wonderful piece of work, Dave.
        >
        >But already I'm nitpicking! :) I was curious about any intent you
        >have in introducing clipboard functions (cut/copy/paste), or even
        >allowing text to be highlighted for capture with the ^X/^C/^V
        >shortcuts.

        Perhaps, but I would either have to extensively modify the current text
        widgets or abandon them in favor of a generic text processing widget.
        The Fltk widget set is not strong on text widgets that suited the modem
        needs. At any rate that would be for the future after a final product
        release. The alpha test crew are presently testing Throb and several
        improvements in the various modems. Expect to see a new beta release soon.

        >Also, is there any desire to support logging to a text file?

        Do you want a text capture to a text file or a flat file logbook entry?
        Either one would be simple to implement.

        Dave
      • Leigh L Klotz, Jr.
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 20, 2006
          Text capture to a file is useful and easy.
          Leigh/WA5ZNU
        • josemj1
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 21, 2006
            Well, I was thinking of a very simple arrangement where any text
            sent or received is sent to a text file which is opened for append,
            much like a system log file. I think gmfsk's log file works that
            way.