tilde

  • dave cooper
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 15, 2006
      now my website has the ~ (tilde) in it
      using fldigi I cannot seem to generate it on the screen in the tx
      it will show in other input boxes but not the tx screen...

      another thing i noticed is that I tried to send my email in the tx
      and when I typed the @

      well i was getting linefeeds to no end....

      what u think Dave?

      dave ve3ixi
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 15, 2006
        dave cooper wrote:

        >now my website has the ~ (tilde) in it
        >using fldigi I cannot seem to generate it on the screen in the tx
        >it will show in other input boxes but not the tx screen...
        >
        >another thing i noticed is that I tried to send my email in the tx
        >and when I typed the @
        >
        >well i was getting linefeeds to no end....
        >
        >what u think Dave?
        >
        >dave ve3ixi
        >

        >Yahoo! Groups Links
        >

        >.

        I will check both the tilde and the @ symbol problem. Thanks Dave

        Dave, W1HKJ
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 15, 2006
          Change line 368 in the file src/dialogs/TextView.cxx to:

          if (c >= ' ' && c <= '~') {

          and recompile. That should correct the missing '~'.

          The @ symbol does not give that problem on my system. Please retest
          with a different font. Thanks.

          Dave, W1HKJ
        • David Cooper
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 15, 2006

            Not sure how u found that out so fast...
            but it now appears in the tx box....
            will check the rest later.....and let you know

            Thanks very much
            Dave IXI