Re: [linuxham] fldigi 0.961 beta posted

  • Mike Phipps / KD8DKT
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 4, 2006
      FB on that, Dave. I have experienced a couple of problems, however.
      The first is that sometimes when I am typing, the cursor gets lost off
      the right edge of the TX window. A carriage return will fix it, but even
      backspacing won't.

      The other thing is that the backspace doesn't always work, even when
      the lines are short. I've found this to be the case especially when
      macros are used. It would be nice to be able to click the cursor at,
      say, a spelling mistake that needs to be corrected, even if it is a
      couple of lines back. Also, words tend to get split at odd points at the
      end of lines.

      I still have the same setup that I did the last time I made a bug
      report to you, still running Xubuntu 6.06.1 on an AMD Athlon 500 (k7).

      --Mike/KD8DKT

      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 5, 2006
        Mike Phipps / KD8DKT wrote:

        > FB on that, Dave. I have experienced a couple of problems, however.
        >The first is that sometimes when I am typing, the cursor gets lost off
        >the right edge of the TX window. A carriage return will fix it, but even
        >backspacing won't.
        >
        > The other thing is that the backspace doesn't always work, even when
        >the lines are short. I've found this to be the case especially when
        >macros are used. It would be nice to be able to click the cursor at,
        >say, a spelling mistake that needs to be corrected, even if it is a
        >couple of lines back. Also, words tend to get split at odd points at the
        >end of lines.

        Both of these are related and should be fixed in the next release. I
        will look at the text correction at a position other than the last.
        That might require considerable rewrite in the text widget, so no promises.

        Dave, W1HKJ