Re: [linuxham] fldigi 0.961 beta posted

    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 3, 2006
      Ed wrote:
      w1hkj wrote:

      Added an overload indicator to the status bar area.  Indicator glows RED
      when the sound card input is overdriven.  This will occur at about 1/2
      full scale amplitude on the oscilloscope display (SHIFT-WTR).

      I wasn't able to trip this. Probably my souncard.

      If you have an isolation transformer between the transceiver and the sound card input it might be dropping the signal level.

      Dave
    • Mike Phipps / KD8DKT
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 4, 2006
        FB on that, Dave. I have experienced a couple of problems, however.
        The first is that sometimes when I am typing, the cursor gets lost off
        the right edge of the TX window. A carriage return will fix it, but even
        backspacing won't.

        The other thing is that the backspace doesn't always work, even when
        the lines are short. I've found this to be the case especially when
        macros are used. It would be nice to be able to click the cursor at,
        say, a spelling mistake that needs to be corrected, even if it is a
        couple of lines back. Also, words tend to get split at odd points at the
        end of lines.

        I still have the same setup that I did the last time I made a bug
        report to you, still running Xubuntu 6.06.1 on an AMD Athlon 500 (k7).

        --Mike/KD8DKT

        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 5, 2006
          Mike Phipps / KD8DKT wrote:

          > FB on that, Dave. I have experienced a couple of problems, however.
          >The first is that sometimes when I am typing, the cursor gets lost off
          >the right edge of the TX window. A carriage return will fix it, but even
          >backspacing won't.
          >
          > The other thing is that the backspace doesn't always work, even when
          >the lines are short. I've found this to be the case especially when
          >macros are used. It would be nice to be able to click the cursor at,
          >say, a spelling mistake that needs to be corrected, even if it is a
          >couple of lines back. Also, words tend to get split at odd points at the
          >end of lines.

          Both of these are related and should be fixed in the next release. I
          will look at the text correction at a position other than the last.
          That might require considerable rewrite in the text widget, so no promises.

          Dave, W1HKJ