fldigi 0.961 beta posted

    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 3, 2006
      Added an overload indicator to the status bar area.  Indicator glows RED when the sound card input is overdriven.  This will occur at about 1/2 full scale amplitude on the oscilloscope display (SHIFT-WTR).

      Improved the cursor movement routines to provide a smoother and consistent cursor movement for all waterfall drop speeds.

      Included stubs in the CW and RTTY classes to allow me to add hardline control for both CW keying and FSK keying.  These functions will be added after conclusive alpha testing.

      Dave, W1HKJ

      As always, delete your old fldigi source tree and compile from a clean tarball install.

    • Leigh L Klotz, Jr.
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 3, 2006
        I had no idea you could get to the scope display.
        I thought it had been removed.
        On Tue, 3 Oct 2006 10:17 am, w1hkj wrote:
        > input is overdriven.  This will occur at about 1/2 full scale amplitude
        > on the oscilloscope display (SHIFT-WTR).

      • Rick Kunath
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 3, 2006
          On Tuesday 03 October 2006 01:16 pm, w1hkj wrote:
          > Added an overload indicator to the status bar area. Indicator glows RED
          > when the sound card input is overdriven. This will occur at about 1/2
          > full scale amplitude on the oscilloscope display (SHIFT-WTR).
          >
          > Improved the cursor movement routines to provide a smoother and
          > consistent cursor movement for all waterfall drop speeds.
          >
          > Included stubs in the CW and RTTY classes to allow me to add hardline
          > control for both CW keying and FSK keying. These functions will be
          > added after conclusive alpha testing.

          Excellent Dave... thanks again :)

          Rick Kunath, k9ao
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 3, 2006
            w1hkj wrote:
            > Added an overload indicator to the status bar area. Indicator glows RED
            > when the sound card input is overdriven. This will occur at about 1/2
            > full scale amplitude on the oscilloscope display (SHIFT-WTR).

            I wasn't able to trip this. Probably my souncard.

            > Improved the cursor movement routines to provide a smoother and
            > consistent cursor movement for all waterfall drop speeds.

            Thanks

            > Included stubs in the CW and RTTY classes to allow me to add hardline
            > control for both CW keying and FSK keying. These functions will be
            > added after conclusive alpha testing.

            Hope to see this soon

            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 3, 2006
              Ed wrote:
              w1hkj wrote:

              Added an overload indicator to the status bar area.  Indicator glows RED
              when the sound card input is overdriven.  This will occur at about 1/2
              full scale amplitude on the oscilloscope display (SHIFT-WTR).

              I wasn't able to trip this. Probably my souncard.

              If you have an isolation transformer between the transceiver and the sound card input it might be dropping the signal level.

              Dave
            • Mike Phipps / KD8DKT
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 4, 2006
                FB on that, Dave. I have experienced a couple of problems, however.
                The first is that sometimes when I am typing, the cursor gets lost off
                the right edge of the TX window. A carriage return will fix it, but even
                backspacing won't.

                The other thing is that the backspace doesn't always work, even when
                the lines are short. I've found this to be the case especially when
                macros are used. It would be nice to be able to click the cursor at,
                say, a spelling mistake that needs to be corrected, even if it is a
                couple of lines back. Also, words tend to get split at odd points at the
                end of lines.

                I still have the same setup that I did the last time I made a bug
                report to you, still running Xubuntu 6.06.1 on an AMD Athlon 500 (k7).

                --Mike/KD8DKT

                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 5, 2006
                  Mike Phipps / KD8DKT wrote:

                  > FB on that, Dave. I have experienced a couple of problems, however.
                  >The first is that sometimes when I am typing, the cursor gets lost off
                  >the right edge of the TX window. A carriage return will fix it, but even
                  >backspacing won't.
                  >
                  > The other thing is that the backspace doesn't always work, even when
                  >the lines are short. I've found this to be the case especially when
                  >macros are used. It would be nice to be able to click the cursor at,
                  >say, a spelling mistake that needs to be corrected, even if it is a
                  >couple of lines back. Also, words tend to get split at odd points at the
                  >end of lines.

                  Both of these are related and should be fixed in the next release. I
                  will look at the text correction at a position other than the last.
                  That might require considerable rewrite in the text widget, so no promises.

                  Dave, W1HKJ